Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsAugust 20, 2021
The Southwest Dubois school board met Thursday and:
• Approved a field trip request for the Southridge High School FFA to the Forestry and Entomology Career Development event at Purdue University Dec. 10.
• Approved the resignations of Rachel Blessinger, Huntingburg Elementary teacher; Tiffany Neuhoff, Southridge Middle School teacher; April Jones, Huntingburg Elementary assistant; Riley Schwoeppe, Southridge Middle School football coach; Kendra Bielawa, Southridge High School boys soccer assistant coach; Jyl Blessinger, Southridge High School cross country assistant co-coach and Madison Mundy, Southridge High School cross country assistant co-coach.
• Approved the reassignment of Donna Weisman from Huntingburg Elementary computer science to preschool instructor.
• Approved the hiring of Alison Neal, Southridge Middle School special needs teacher; Baden Pund, Southridge Middle School part-time computer applications and specialized assistant; Andy Hoffman, technology specialist; Christina Cook, Southridge Middle School special needs assistant; Cassie Holmes, Southridge Middle School special needs assistant; Becky Bauer, food service; Johana Bernardo, Huntingburg Elementary spanish specials; Kristie Birchler, Huntingburg Elementary preschool assistant; Courtney Messmer, Southridge High School food service; Sherry Kamman, Holland Elementary maintenance; Ellen Bough, Huntingburg Elementary maintenance; Kyle Swafford, Southridge Middle School athletics coordinator and concession manager; Matt Stegall, Southridge Middle School football coach; Chris Conley-Davis, Southridge Middle School cross country coach; Peyton Ahlbrand, Southridge High School girls soccer assistant coach; Jesse Hasenour, Southridge High School boys soccer assistant coach; Tatiana Delgado, Southridge High School freshman volleyball coach; Riley Schwoeppe, Southridge High School football volunteer; Jim Mehling, long-term substitute; and Keith Birchler, Kathryn Smith, Angela Speed and Kenneth Speed, all marching band volunteers.
• Approved a bond for the position of the Southridge High School athletic secretary.
• Approved a Riverside Technologies Inc. managed services agreement.
• Approved food service bids with CRS OneSource and Wabash Food Service.
• Approved the new date for the board’s October meeting, which will now be Oct. 14.
• Approved a teacher appreciation grant policy.
• Approved a Tri-County YMCA swim club agreement.
• Approved early graduation requests for the 2022 graduating cohort.
• Awarded a bid for construction of the new corporation office building to Streicher Construction Company Inc. for $1,499,571.
• Awarded a bid for construction of the new Raider Athletic Complex to Streicher Construction Company Inc. for $2,155,784.
• Awarded a bid for the soccer field, road access and sewer improvement projects to Lutrig Bros. Inc. for $1,041,369.
• Approved a resolution authorizing the sale of real estate to Southwest Dubois County Multi-School Building Corporation for appraised value.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Rep. Steve Davisson, R-Salem, died Sunday after a lengthy battle with cancer.
The Indiana State Chiropractic Association recently named State Rep. Shane Lindauer, R-Jasper,...
Northeast Dubois Intermediate School students are adapting to the temporary changes that had to...
This year is the 40th anniversary of the Herbstfest.
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Little and Junior Miss Queen Pageant is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants were Sunday at the...
Renovation plans for the Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, including a new athletic...
A recommended route for the Mid-States Corridor project is still on track to be identified by...