Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJuly 16, 2021
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved out-of-state and overnight field trip requests through November 2021.
• Accepted the resignations of: Heather Schmitz, Holland Elementary grade 5 teacher; Barbara Meyer, Southridge Middle School food service; Jenny Nelson, Holland Elementary custodian; Janice Buening, Southridge High School food service; Yesica Morales, Huntingburg Elementary School assistant and Kasey Mullins, SMS concession stand manager.
• Accepted the termination of Amy Chastain, SHS girls soccer assistant coach.
• Accepted the transfers/re-assignments of: Aundrea Beck, Holland Elementary special needs teacher to grade 5 ELA teacher; Emma Hurst, Holland Elementary pre-K to special needs, and Scott Buening, weight training assistant coach to assistant co-coach.
• Accepted the hiring of: Brett Bardwell, part-time Holland Elementary physical education teacher; Megan Anselment, Huntingburg Elementary kindergarten teacher; Rachel Breittweiser, Holland Elementary pre-K special needs teacher; Baden Pund, SMS computer applications teacher; Nicholas Herron, SHS science teacher; Coriann Arts, SHS college and career coach; Nathan Beyke, corporation technology director; Teresa Kendall, Holland Elementary special needs assistant; Charles Jones, SHS ESL assistant; Doug Klem, SHS special needs assistant; Matt Julian, corporation bus driver; Daniel Flores, corporation bus driver; Stacey Humbert corporation bus driver and Kyle Swafford, weight training assistant co-coach.
• Approved the following volunteers: Michelle Butler, Melissa Dubon, Jeffrey McKnight, Keith Meece, Noah Meece, Elisha Painter, Mikayla Sander, Rachelle Sherer, Barbara Wright, Craig Taylor and Briana Stassel, all for SHS band; Evan Michel and James Hopf for SHS football; Olivia Songer for SHS girls basketball; Evan Julian and Jerri Kramer for SHS volleyball; and Kelly Kieffner for SHS tennis.
• Approved the fall 2021 school reopening plan.
• Approved a joint services and supply fund agreement for exceptional children’s co-op.
• Approved a SHS weighted grades proposal.
• Approved a budget timeline and authorization to advertise the budget.
• Approved insurance policy renewal with German American Insurance.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.