Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJune 18, 2021
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the Southridge High School band camp in Terre Haute from July 18 to 23.
• Approved the retirement of Jenny Fowler, Southridge High School guidance counselor.
•Approved the resignation of Rachel Blessinger, Huntingburg Elementary School kindergarten teacher; Tina Goffinett, Huntingburg Elementary instructional assistant; Juana Sandoval, Southridge Middle School instructional assistant; Emma Hurst, Holland Elementary School math bowl coach; Kevin Seib, SHS freshman football co-coach; and Evan Michel, SHS freshman football co-coach.
• Approved the transfer/reassignment of Toni Jones, Holland Elementary preschool assistant; Bernie Main, SHS basketball girls varsity assistant to assistant/JV co-coach; and Brittany Lamar, SHS basketball girls assistant/JV to freshman co-coach.
• Approved the new employment of John Kendall, part-time SHS music appreciation teacher; Kasey Mullins, SHS business teacher; Nicole Hopf, SHS math teacher; Amanda Sattler, part-time SHS math teacher to full-time; Kyle Swafford, SMS/SHS teacher; Patty Mercker, Holland Elementary art/music instructor; Craig Denu, STEM specials instructor; Madison Oser, summer food service; Garrison Sickbert, summer custodial; Wyatt Kramer, summer custodial; Luke Trout, summer media assistant; Taylor Duckworth, Holland Elementary math bowl co-coach to coach; Kasey Mullins, SHS BPA sponsor and SHS yearbook sponsor; John Schneider, SHS mayor’s youth council sponsor; Nicole Hopf, SHS key club; Gaage Fetter, SHS freshman football co-coach; Chad Wertman, SHS freshman football co-coach; Mitchell Mundy, SHS freshman football co-coach; Kyle Swafford, SHS head boys basketball coach; Ted O’Brien, SHS girls varsity basketball assistant coach; Craig Denu, SHS girls basketball assistant/JV co-coach; Chris Goldman, SHS wrestling volunteer coach; and Kyle Lowtharp, SHS football volunteer coach.
• Approved the 2021-22 student handbook.
• Approved the 2021-22 textbook rental/course fees.
• Declared two serving lines from the Huntingburg Elementary cafeteria as surplus in order to sell them.
• Approved the SHS FFA Community Garden and Aquaponics project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.