Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJune 18, 2021
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the Southridge High School band camp in Terre Haute from July 18 to 23.
• Approved the retirement of Jenny Fowler, Southridge High School guidance counselor.
•Approved the resignation of Rachel Blessinger, Huntingburg Elementary School kindergarten teacher; Tina Goffinett, Huntingburg Elementary instructional assistant; Juana Sandoval, Southridge Middle School instructional assistant; Emma Hurst, Holland Elementary School math bowl coach; Kevin Seib, SHS freshman football co-coach; and Evan Michel, SHS freshman football co-coach.
• Approved the transfer/reassignment of Toni Jones, Holland Elementary preschool assistant; Bernie Main, SHS basketball girls varsity assistant to assistant/JV co-coach; and Brittany Lamar, SHS basketball girls assistant/JV to freshman co-coach.
• Approved the new employment of John Kendall, part-time SHS music appreciation teacher; Kasey Mullins, SHS business teacher; Nicole Hopf, SHS math teacher; Amanda Sattler, part-time SHS math teacher to full-time; Kyle Swafford, SMS/SHS teacher; Patty Mercker, Holland Elementary art/music instructor; Craig Denu, STEM specials instructor; Madison Oser, summer food service; Garrison Sickbert, summer custodial; Wyatt Kramer, summer custodial; Luke Trout, summer media assistant; Taylor Duckworth, Holland Elementary math bowl co-coach to coach; Kasey Mullins, SHS BPA sponsor and SHS yearbook sponsor; John Schneider, SHS mayor’s youth council sponsor; Nicole Hopf, SHS key club; Gaage Fetter, SHS freshman football co-coach; Chad Wertman, SHS freshman football co-coach; Mitchell Mundy, SHS freshman football co-coach; Kyle Swafford, SHS head boys basketball coach; Ted O’Brien, SHS girls varsity basketball assistant coach; Craig Denu, SHS girls basketball assistant/JV co-coach; Chris Goldman, SHS wrestling volunteer coach; and Kyle Lowtharp, SHS football volunteer coach.
• Approved the 2021-22 student handbook.
• Approved the 2021-22 textbook rental/course fees.
• Declared two serving lines from the Huntingburg Elementary cafeteria as surplus in order to sell them.
• Approved the SHS FFA Community Garden and Aquaponics project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Interesting stories about the history of Ireland, Portersville, Madison Township and Boone...
The Dubois County high school marching bands are at full force as they prepare for semistate and...
Tuesday evening as the sun set, a large group of Forest Park students could be seen walking in...
When Don Luis Dubon first moved to Huntingburg with his family in 1999, there were only a few...
Tracy Lorey, superintendent of Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, was named the 2022...
Dubois County will continue to have two representatives in the Indiana House of Representatives,...
How to attract and keep police officers for the city became a big topic at the Huntingburg...
Fewer than five minutes remain until the Marching Wildcats’ rehearsal is set to start, and...