Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsMay 21, 2021
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved field trip requests for the Southridge High School FFA to attend a convention in Indianapolis from June 14-17 and for Southridge Middle School grade eight to travel to Washington, D.C., from Sept. 7-11.
• Approved the retirement of elementary physical education teacher Brett Bardwell. Superintendent Tim LaGrange expressed his congratulations and thanks for his years of service.
• Approved the resignation of Shannon Seibert, Southridge High School business teacher, yearbook advisor and BPA advisor; Mark Rohrer, Southridge High School math teacher and varsity boys basketball head coach; and Miranda Schoultz, Holland Elementary School assistant.
• Approved the transfer of Brett Roesner from Huntingburg Elementary School fifth grade to Holland Elementary School fourth grade ELA; Taylor Duckworth from Holland Elementary School fourth grade ELA to fifth grade math and science; School Counselor Amanda Pulley from Southridge High School to Southridge Middle School; Doug Collins, Southridge High School advanced manufacturing to a half day; and Jayme Blackgrove from summer school assistant to summer technology assistant.
• Approved the hiring of Gage Fetter, Huntingburg Elementary School fifth grade; Madeline Gil, Huntingburg Elementary first grade; Stacey Flamion, Southridge High School counselor; Erin Rauscher, Southridge High School counselor; Baden Pund, Rosalinda Guardado and Jackie Mundy for Southridge High School summer credit recovery; Yesica Meija Morales, Huntingburg Elementary School assistant; Geri Sivori, summer school preschool assistant; and summer custodians Ally Street, Jude Songer, Mick Uebelhor, Aidan Jochem, Carter Harris, Art Eckert, Joe Witte, Conner Oxley, Cameron Allen and Julie Steckler.
• Declared electronic equipment as surplus property.
• Established May 30, 2022, as the date to accept transfer students.
• Established Sept. 13, Oct. 11, Nov. 8, Dec. 13, Feb. 14, March 14, April 11 and May 16 as e-learning/professional development dates.
• Approved a resolution to transfer book rental fee accounts to the corporation treasurer.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.