Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsApril 21, 2021
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a property exchange with the City of Huntingburg. The district is going to give the Maple Park property to the city, in exchange for land the city has at the southwest corner of U.S. 231 and Sunset Drive, near the Southridge school complex. In addition, the city plans to pay the district an additional $130,400 in quarterly payments, as part of the agreement. Southwest is planning to build an administration building on the land near Southridge as part of its overall improvement plans.
• Rescheduled Southridge Middle School’s eighth-grade trip to Washington, D.C., for May 11-14 and approved Brandy Kane, Jim Meyer and Olivia Taylor to be volunteers on the trip.
• Accepted the retirement letter of Huntingburg Elementary School first-grade teacher Sara Prusz.
• Accepted resignations of Joan Leistner from Southridge High School food service, Cristina Prusz from Southridge Middle School cross-country coach and Aundrea Beck from Southridge unified track coach.
• Hired Kendra Vogler and Brad Ohanian as Southridge unified track coaches.
• Hired certified and non-certified staff for 2021 summer school.
• Approved John Kamman as a volunteer for the Southridge High School Athletic Department and Cindy Kippenbrock, Lori Ramsey, Rachelle Sherer and John Trout as Southridge High School’s Post Prom volunteers.
• Changed the start time for the rest of the 2021 school board meetings to 5:30 p.m. Meetings are held at the school district’s office, 113 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.