Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsMarch 23, 2021
The Southwest Dubois County School Board met Thursday and:
• Continued with needed legal steps for the district’s plans to make improvement at Southridge High School, Southridge Middle School, Huntingburg Elementary School, Holland Elementary School and Memorial Gym, including setting aside $5,575,000 for the work. A story is on A1.
• Approved early graduation requests for five members of the 2021 graduating class and for four members of the 2022 graduating class.
• Approved 2021 summer school offerings.
• Accepted Amelia Meyer’s resignation as an instructional assistant at Huntingburg Elementary School and approved the cancellation of Katie McCord’s contract as a science teacher at Southridge High School.
• Approved hiring April Jones as an instructional assistant at Huntingburg Elementary, Melanie Jones, Chad Petry, Jennifer O’Brien, Bryan Eckert, Leslie Petry and Kurt Fuhs as post prom volunteers, and Elvia Perez for the musical program, Noelle Conrad for the guidance department, Abby Lindauer for maintenance and David Marcum, Brian Craig, Charles O’Bryan, Andy McKeough, Blake Broeker, Jason Barnett and Casey Lindeman for the baseball program at the high school.
• Reassigned Ashley Blessinger from Southridge High’s freshman volleyball coach to Southridge Middle’s seventh grade volleyball coach.
• Congratulated the high school Business Professionals of America members who competed in the state leadership conference earlier this month. Members Roger Hunter, Carson Bromm, Olivia Durcholz and Corey Peters advanced to the national conference, which will be in May.
• Congratulated the high school archery team members Shauna Begle, Taylor Denning and Rebecca Snider for competing in the National Archery in Schools Program State Archery Tournament on March 13 in Indianapolis.
• Congratulated the high school boys basketball team for winning sectional and regional titles.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.