Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsOctober 26, 2020
The Southwest Dubois County School Board met Oct. 15 and:
• Adopted the district’s 2021 budget, capital projects plan and school bus replacement plan.
• Approved the 2021-22 countywide school calendar.
• Congratulated Southridge High School golfer Baileigh Schneider for becoming the first Raider to compete in the state championship.
• Congratulated the Southridge High School boys cross country team team members Dylan Bland, Cameron Giles and Calib Sherman for reaching the regional competition. Bland has moved on to the state championship.
• Congratulated the Southridge High School girls cross country team for reaching the regional competition.
• Congratulated Southridge High School tennis players Ethan Bell and Konner Thyen for winning their sectional competition in doubles tennis and reaching regional.
• Accepted resignations from Craig Denu as coach of Southridge High School’s junior varsity girls basketball team, Chris Goldman as assistant coach of the high school wrestling team, Andrea Goeppner-Brown as technology integration specialist and Shirley Reese, Linda Barnett and Denise Buening, all from high school food service.
• Hired Amelia Meyer as an instructional assistant at Huntingburg Elementary School, Marsha Songer in food service for the high school, Belinda Feltner in food service for Huntingburg and Holland elementary schools, Aubrey Main as as the high school girls basketball freshman coach, Aaron Chambers as high school assistant wrestling coach, Matt Hiter as Southridge Middle School’s sixth-grade boys basketball coach, Kelly Murphy as Holland Elementary’s fifth-grade boys basketball coach, Evan Julian as a volunteer high school boys basketball coach, Cory Dearing as a volunteer middle school girls basketball coach and Matt Stegal as a volunteer middle school boys basketball coach.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Andrea Schwartz is dedicated to helping people live fulfillng lives on their own terms.
The Dubois Branch Library was a welcomed addition to the community. And now, 10 years later, the...
Northeast Dubois Superintendent Bill Hochgesang has enjoyed being superintendent in the school...
Lindsey Welp is a saxophonist performing at 6 p.m. June 25 at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...