Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsAugust 21, 2020
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the following resignations: buildings trades teacher Luke Nordhoff, food service staff Mary Jo Wirthwein, custodian Joyce Lubbehusen, freshman football co-coach Chad Wertman and freshman basketball coach Brett Roesner at Southridge High School; and food service staff Dianna Smith at Southridge Middle School
• Approved the following employee transfers: Donnie Kramer from middle football coach to middle school football coordinator; Jesse Evans from middle school football coordinator to middle school football coach; and Amy Kaetzel from high school boys swim coach to high school boys swim co-coach.
• Approved the following new hires: Southern Indiana Education Center van driver Scott Turney; secondary online academy facilitator Amanda Sattler and elementary online academy facilitator April Susnjara for the corporation; food service staff Janice Fuhs and Barbara Meyer, custodian Angela Rust, freshman football co-coach Kevin Seib, boys swimming co-coach Matthew Medcalf, boys basketball volunteer Charles Harrell and football volunteer Aiden Michel at the high school; and cheer volunteer Morgan Peter and volleyball volunteer Jacey Lamb at the middle school.
• Approved hiring temporary part-time school nurses.
• Approved creating the director of community engagement position for the corporation and hired Rossina Sandoval Monsivais to fill it.
• Approved updates to school board policies from Neola Inc., an organization that reviews changes in the law to update school policies.
• Approved an agreement for willSub software to manage the corporation's substitute teacher schedule. The setup for the system was $750 and the annual subscription is $3,750.
• Heard that some substitute teachers have told the corporation that they will not be subbing this year due to COVID-19.
• Approved the teacher appreciation grant policy. The policy governs how the corporation distributes the teacher appreciation grant from the state of Indiana and must be reviewed annually.
• Heard that the teacher evaluation policy was reviewed and no changes were made at the local level. At the state level, the Indiana Department of Education has removed state testing from the list of factors influencing a teacher evaluation.
• Heard that the beginning of the school year went well. Students have adjusted well to the safety precautions in place, and staff members have not had to discipline anyone for not following the safety protocols.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...