Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJuly 17, 2020
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Thanked the Dubois County Community Foundation for an $18,000 grant to purchase nine temperature scanners for the corporation. The grant is part of a larger grant to all four county school corporations for the scanners, which will used during the upcoming school year.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: Holland Community churches to use the Holland Elementary and Irene Bartlet Field parking lots for United States Department of Agriculture food giveaways on July 26, Aug. 9 and Aug. 23; the Southridge Football Boosters to use the Huntingburg Elementary gym for a parent meeting on July 29; and the football boosters to use the Southridge Middle School gym and parking lot for a drive-thru pork chop dinner on Aug. 30.
• Approved the following new hires: teacher Claudia Gasser at Huntingburg Elementary; and part-time teacher Steve WInkler, cross county assistant co-coaches Madison Mundy and Jyl Blessinger, strength training co-coaches Brad Ohanian and Steve Winkler, strength training assistant coach Scott Buening, band volunteers Craig Taylor, Michelle Butler, Jeffrey McKnight, Christopher Buening, Todd Hartwick, Kathryn Smith, Bobby Fromme, John Fromme, Mikayla Sander, James Vaal, Paige Wallace, Chelsea Wallace, Leo Hollinden, Janelle Hollinden, Tina Martin and LaTosha Stasel, and soccer volunteers Patricia Garcia and Aaron Elshoff at the high school.
• Approved a pay scale and stipend increase for food service staff members for the 2020-21 school year.
• Approved an agreement with the Southridge Aquatic Raider Gators swimming club for the 2020-21 school year.
• Approved an agreement for athletic trainer services with Norris, Blessinger and Woebkenberg Orthopaedics of Jasper for the 2020-21 school year.
• Approved renewal of the corporation’s insurance policies with German American.
• Approved the technology management services agreement with The AME Group of Vincennes.
• Approved book rental and class fees for all corporation schools.
• Approved a bus driver recruitment program. Under the program the corporation will compensate new drivers for training and time and include a $1,000 sign-on bonus after drivers complete their first 10 hours of driving for the corporation.
• Commended the corporation’s athletic staff for planning for and running summer conditioning programs with COVID-19 safety measures in place.
• Commended the countywide task force for the teamwork in developing the framework for reopening schools in August.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.