Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsMay 22, 2020
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the retirement of elementary physical education teacher and assistant football coach Steve Winkler. Winkler has worked in the corporation for more than 40 years.
• Approved a bid of $172,000 from Streicher Construction of Jasper to install secure building entrances at Huntingburg and Holland elementaries.
• Approved the updated health insurance summary plan description. The changes clarify some language and make minor changes to benefits.
• Approved textbook adoption for Southridge High School’s world language courses and the new Advanced Placement statistics class.
• Approved adding a grade level designation for the 3-year-old speech program that is part of the school’s special education services. The designation is required by the Indiana Department of Education for reporting purposes.
• Approved bonds for Corporation Treasurer Allison Pund, Corporation Deputy Treasurer Jerri Kramer, all school treasurers, the high school athletic director and the corporation cafeteria manager. The bonds are required by state law and protect the corporation against financial crimes.
• Approved the summer school administrator stipend.
• Approved the following resignations: food service staff Desiree Hartwick, and softball coach Scott Buening at the high school; English language learner assistant Whitley Duncan, swim coach Amy Kaetzel and eighth grade volleyball coach Heather Williams at Southridge Middle School; and instructional assistant Amy Kaetzel at Huntingburg Elementary.
• Approved the following reassignments: Brett Bardwell from high school teacher to elementary teacher; Trina Powell from seventh grade volleyball coach to eighth grade volleyball coach; and Brandy Anderson from high school junior varsity volleyball coach to eighth grade volleyball coach.
• Approved the following new hires: elementary teacher Peyton Ahlbrand at Huntingburg Elementary; cross country volunteer Susie Stetter at the middle school; junior varsity volleyball coach Elisabeth Ahlbrand and volleyball volunteers Heather Williams and Jerri Kramer at the high school; summer custodial staff Cameron Allen, Wyatt Kramer, Conner Oxley, Baden Pund, Joe Witte, Julie Steckler and Amanda Thewes; and summer school instructors Amanda Sattler, Susan Wagner and Lannie Butler.
• Approved Coriann Arts to complete her guidance counseling internship with high school counselor Jenny Fowler during the 2020-21 school year for her program through Indiana University Southeast. Arts currently teaches the Jobs for American Graduates class at the high school.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The property swap agreement between the City of Huntingburg and the Southwest Dubois County...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company donated $25,000 to Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Kyle and Jamie Jahn’s lives are full of nonstop, behind-the-scenes activity.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Vaccine #2 is in the books. I got my second Moderna shot Saturday afternoon. And I had less of a...
Angie Ruxer’s kindergartners hover around her on their Strider bikes — beginner's bikes...