Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJanuary 10, 2020
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The officers are: Jon Menke, president; John Schroeder, vice president; and Jennifer Thacker, secretary.
• Set the board’s regular monthly meetings for the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the corporation office, 113 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
• Appointed attorney Phil Schneider board attorney for 2020 for $7,800 for the year.
• Approved the The Herald as the board’s official newspaper for posting government notices.
• Appointed Allison Pund treasurer and Jerri Kramer deputy treasurer for the corporation and board.
• Appointed Jerri Kramer executive secretary for the board.
• Appointed the bid opening committee for 2020 to be the corporation superintendent, business manager and executive secretary.
• Set board member compensation at $2,000 annually.
• Approved facility use for all corporation extracurricular and athletic activities.
• Rescheduled the May 2020 board meeting for Monday, May 18, to coincide with the corporation academic awards. The meeting will take place at the corporation office following the award ceremony.
• Heard that the corporation received a $50,000 STEM acceleration grant to increase student exposure to and participation in science, technology, engineering and math fields and activities.
• Heard that the corporation received a $2,400 Project Lead the Way grant for instructor training for the biomedical program.
• Approved the Southridge High School wrestling team to attend a college wrestling match at Kentucky Wesleyan College in Owensboro, Kentucky.
• Approved the following resignations: Athletic Director Brett Bardwell effective at the end of the school year; teacher, fine arts academic bowl team coach, academic bowl coordinator and building leadership team member Ryan Wallace at the high school; and special needs instructional assistant Annie Kruger at Holland Elementary.
• Approved the following appointments: teachers Brett Bardwell and Evan Julian at the high school; preschool teacher Taylor Duckworth and lead teacher Darla Werne at Holland Elementary; and Huntingburg Elementary leadership team members Ginger Rasche, Andrea Mathies and Wendi Nurrenbern.
• Approved a five-year contract with Advanced Disposal for garbage service for about $12,000 the first year with up to a 3% increase annually in following years.
• Thanked local police departments for their support in honor of Law Enforcement Appreciation Day.
• Congratulated the wrestling team on their post season success.
• Board member John Schroeder shared that he has heard positive feedback about the corporation’s plan to establish an Spanish and English dual language program.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to review the corporation’s investments and approve banks for the corporation to do business with. The approved banks are German American, Freedom and Old National.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari has created Holidog’s Digital FunTown to kick summer off early.
The Dubois County Health Department, with support from Dubois County Commissioners, is strongly...
The Dubois County Health Department, with the support of the Dubois County Commissioners, is...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms today the seventh positive case of novel...
Friday afternoon, the people of Celestine showed their love and support for the late Keith...
COVID-19 stole Knox Gogel's sixth birthday party. But those closest to him still found a safe...
Students and families in Dubois County can expect to end the school year completing assignments...
Though her stay in Dubois didn’t end as planned, Frida Hansson’s time as an exchange student...