Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsNovember 22, 2019
The Southwest Dubois School Board Thursday and:
• Congratulated Southridge Middle School choir students Penelope Roy and Ruthie Sherer on making the Indiana All-State Choir and the middle school Spell Bowl team for winning state their second year in a row.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the Southridge High School band boosters to use the high school kitchen and cafeteria for pizza parties; the Holland Churches Community Thanksgiving Meal to use the Holland Elementary cafeteria on Sunday, Nov. 24; the Holland Kiwanis Club to use the Holland Elementary cafeteria on Saturday, Dec. 7, for a Santa visit; and Hummingbird Daycare Ministry preschool to use the Holland Elementary gym for a Christmas program.
• Approved the following field trip requests: the high school Jobs for American Graduates students to attend the National Student Leadership Academy in Washington, D.C.; and the high school wrestling team to hold a lock-in at the high school on Saturday, Dec. 7.
• Approved the following resignations: boys basketball junior varsity co-coach Drew Messmer and unified track co-coach Breanne Rainey at the high school; robotics co-sponsor Jeremy Marshall at Holland Elementary; and assistant Maria Eckert at Huntingburg Elementary.
• Approved the following hires and reassignments: instructional assistants Angie Corrico and Alexandra Gonzalez, assistant principal Jeremy Marshall and volunteer boys basketball coach Matt Hitter at Huntingburg Elementary; fourth and fifth grade English and language arts teacher Emma Hurst at Holland Elementary; English and language arts teacher Elisabeth Ahlbrand, special needs assistant Elizabeth Wertman and food service staff Dianna Smith at the middle school; food service staff Angie Kern, junior varsity basketball coach Chad Whitehead, freshman girls basketball coach Brittany Lamar, wrestling volunteer Robert Hall, archery club volunteers Ed Boeglin, Jennifer Boeglin, Smantha Boeglin, Kade Mundy and Dennis Persohn, swimming volunteer Matt Medcalf, and freshman boys basketball volunteer Matt Price at the high school; and custodians Chris O’Brien and Breck Sternberg at the Southridge complex.
• Approved building leadership team members for the middle school and Huntingburg and Holland elementaries.
• Approved adopting the 2020-21 school calendar. The calendar matches those adopted by the other three school corporations in Dubois County.
• Approved making the necessary fund transfers within the 2019 budget to ensure each individual fund ends in the positive.
• Approved transferring up to $2 million from the education fund to the operations fund in the 2020 budget year.
• Approved an agreement with the City of Huntingburg to open Memorial Gym for walking from October to April. Hours are 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 to 11 a.m. on Saturday.
• Approved eight early graduation requests.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Priests in training, monks and other volunteers provide firewood for families that need it most.
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
Expanding the Dubois County’s jail facility and possibly other departments in the justice...
A local ice cream shop will soon have a new home.
It was a holly, jolly evening at the OFS Brands headquarters in Huntingburg Wednesday evening.
The steps Br. Martin Erspamer takes to create his art are straightforward. The underlying...
Santa’s chief elf and one of Santa Claus’ beloved matriarchs will be on "The Kelly Clarkson...
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...