Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsNovember 22, 2019
The Southwest Dubois School Board Thursday and:
• Congratulated Southridge Middle School choir students Penelope Roy and Ruthie Sherer on making the Indiana All-State Choir and the middle school Spell Bowl team for winning state their second year in a row.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the Southridge High School band boosters to use the high school kitchen and cafeteria for pizza parties; the Holland Churches Community Thanksgiving Meal to use the Holland Elementary cafeteria on Sunday, Nov. 24; the Holland Kiwanis Club to use the Holland Elementary cafeteria on Saturday, Dec. 7, for a Santa visit; and Hummingbird Daycare Ministry preschool to use the Holland Elementary gym for a Christmas program.
• Approved the following field trip requests: the high school Jobs for American Graduates students to attend the National Student Leadership Academy in Washington, D.C.; and the high school wrestling team to hold a lock-in at the high school on Saturday, Dec. 7.
• Approved the following resignations: boys basketball junior varsity co-coach Drew Messmer and unified track co-coach Breanne Rainey at the high school; robotics co-sponsor Jeremy Marshall at Holland Elementary; and assistant Maria Eckert at Huntingburg Elementary.
• Approved the following hires and reassignments: instructional assistants Angie Corrico and Alexandra Gonzalez, assistant principal Jeremy Marshall and volunteer boys basketball coach Matt Hitter at Huntingburg Elementary; fourth and fifth grade English and language arts teacher Emma Hurst at Holland Elementary; English and language arts teacher Elisabeth Ahlbrand, special needs assistant Elizabeth Wertman and food service staff Dianna Smith at the middle school; food service staff Angie Kern, junior varsity basketball coach Chad Whitehead, freshman girls basketball coach Brittany Lamar, wrestling volunteer Robert Hall, archery club volunteers Ed Boeglin, Jennifer Boeglin, Smantha Boeglin, Kade Mundy and Dennis Persohn, swimming volunteer Matt Medcalf, and freshman boys basketball volunteer Matt Price at the high school; and custodians Chris O’Brien and Breck Sternberg at the Southridge complex.
• Approved building leadership team members for the middle school and Huntingburg and Holland elementaries.
• Approved adopting the 2020-21 school calendar. The calendar matches those adopted by the other three school corporations in Dubois County.
• Approved making the necessary fund transfers within the 2019 budget to ensure each individual fund ends in the positive.
• Approved transferring up to $2 million from the education fund to the operations fund in the 2020 budget year.
• Approved an agreement with the City of Huntingburg to open Memorial Gym for walking from October to April. Hours are 5 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 to 11 a.m. on Saturday.
• Approved eight early graduation requests.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.