Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsAugust 16, 2019
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the Association of Latin Americans in Southern Indiana to use the Southridge High School auditorium on Aug. 25 for the Latino Culture Fest Queen Pageant; the Huntingburg Herbstfest to use various high school facilities for its queen pageant on Aug. 18, Sept. 21 and Sept. 22; Southridge Football to use the high school cafeteria for a team meal on Aug. 29; the Buffalo Trace Council to use Holland Elementary for Cub Scout sign-ups on Aug. 29; the high school cheer team to use Huntingburg Elementary’s gym for a clinic on Sept. 6; the Herbstfest to use Huntingburg Elementary facilities on Sept. 9 and 27 for the Little Miss and Junior Miss contests; the Herbstfest to use the Memorial Gym parking lot on Sept. 29 for the parade; and the high school band to use the area around Raider Field for a 5K and community performance on Oct. 26.
• Approved the following resignations: instructional assistant Debra Doughty, cross country assistant coach Cam Schwinghammer and food service staff Stacey Ruhe and Rachel Hoblitzel at the high school; athletic coordinator Kasey Mullins, girls track coach Andrea Tooley and seventh-grade English teacher Alison Lindauer at Southridge Middle School; instructional assistant Heather Taylor, Student Council sponsor Jennifer Underhill and kindergarten teacher Tiffany Nicholson at Huntingburg Elementary; and art teacher Christina Sergesketter, Math Bowl coach Aundrea Wilson, technology integration specialist Jeremy Marshall and custodian Wally Byers at Holland Elementary.
• Approved the following new hires: food service staff Kay Marshall, cross country assistant coach Chad Bland, freshman volleyball coach Ashley Blessinger, girls basketball volunteer Tim Underhill and soccer volunteer Aaron Elshoff at the high school; media assistant Jayme Blackgrove, special needs assistant Claire Mohr, cross country volunteer Jyl Blessinger and Washington, D.C. trip volunteers Jim Meyer, Tyler Rainey, Leroy Schaefer and Brook Nichter at the middle school; kindergarten teacher Kayla Weyer and Title I assistant Tina Goffinet at Huntingburg Elementary; and art teacher Emily Meyer, special needs assistant Keith Milton, preschool special needs assistant Courtney Messmer, and food service staff Barbara Werremeyer at Holland Elementary.
• Approved Indiana University student Elizabeth Ahlbrand to complete student teaching during the fall semester with English teacher Shannon Fuhs.
• Approved appointing Tammy Gerber a temporary substitute for seventh-grade English in the fall semester.
• Approved transferring food serve staff Donna Roesner from part-time to substitute.
• Approved adding athletic secretary to the list of duties for Audrey Hartloff.
• Approved adding Director of Maintenance and Facilities Brian Blackgrove to the corporation credit card account.
• Approved adding guidelines for the retention of identified English Language Learners and for special education evaluations for English Language Learners to the 2019-20 handbook.
• Approved policy for the teacher appreciation grant distribution. Teachers rated effective will receive a cash stipend in an amount determined by Superintendent Tim LaGrange. Teachers rated highly effective will receive a stipend 25% larger than that of those rated effective, per state law. The corporation has about $50,000 it can distribute to its teachers.
• Approved changing the identification of Huntingburg Elementary’s grade configuration with the Indiana Department of Education to preschool through fifth grade. The change will not affect any local operations.
• Approved the agreement with the Southridge Aquatic Raider Gators swim club for the 2019-20 school year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Memorial Hospital’s Nursing Honor Guard honors nurses who devoted their careers to caring for...
It’s still early in the school year, but Jasper High School senior David Uebelhor has already...
The federal portion of grant funding for the Huntingburg Airport’s runway extension project...
Keith “Curly” Souders is running on the Republican ticket for the at-large seat on the...
Amber Wahl has announced her intention to run for the Huntingburg Common Council seat for the...
Ireland Elementary is saying, “Salutations,” to the school year with a reading initiative...
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...