Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJuly 19, 2019
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that administrators are considering purchasing a charter bus to use for extracurricular transportation. They are still in the exploratory phase.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the Southridge High School football team to use the Huntingburg Elementary gym for a parent meeting on July 25; the high school cheer boosters to use the high school cafeteria and kitchen to bake cookies for the 2019 home football games; the Teen Outback to use Memorial Gym on Aug. 10 for the Back to School Bash; Get Out! And Serve! to use the Memorial Gym parking lot on Sept. 8 for a car wash; the Indiana State School Music Association to use the Southridge complex on Feb. 8, 2020, for the District Solo and Ensemble Competition; and the high school band boosters to use the high school cafeteria and kitchen for food for band contests throughout the fall season.
• Approved the following field trips for the high school Future Farmers of America: the dairy foods contest at Purdue University in West Lafayette; the SOAR conference at the Indiana FFA Center in Trafalgar; the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis; the FIRE Conference at the Indiana FFA Center in Trafalgar; the state welding contest at Purdue University in West Lafayette; the Farm Machinery Show at Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky; and the state FFA convention at Purdue University in West Lafayette.
• Approved the resignation of Southridge Middle School food service staff Sharon Hoppenjans.
• Approved the following transfers or reassignments: Craig Denu to high school girls junior varsity basketball coach and Bernie Main to assistant varsity girls basketball coach.
• Approved the following hires: special needs preschool teacher Emma Hurst and food service staff Denise Buening for the corporation; food service staff Tonya Seidl for the middle and high school; food service staff Connie Sollman, soccer head coach Brandon Aders, soccer assistant coach Amy Chastain, football volunteers Lucas Messmer and Cody Thompson, volleyball volunteers Jerri Kramer, Brad Patberg and Dale Altstadt, tennis volunteer Kelly Kieffner, band volunteers Michelle Butler, William Crawford, Bobby Fromme, John Fromme, Desiree Hartwick, Todd Hartwick, Cory King, Jeffery McKnight, Keith Meece, Gregory Painter, Marco Rocha, Mikayal Sander, Nancy Sander, Kathryn Smith, Craig Taylor and James Vaal, and cheer volunteer Haley Barnett at the high school; and food service staff Hope Johnson at Huntingburg Elementary School.
• Approved adding three days to guidance counselor Jenny Fowler for work over the summer.
• Approved adding 10 days to the contract with Katy Beck for website and app development services.
• Approved a $100 increase to the end-of-year stipend for food service managers and a 30-cent-per-hour pay increase for all food service staff.
• Approved renewing the corporation’s liability insurance through German American Insurance/Liberty Mutual with the addition of liability insurance.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
When the 2020-21 school year starts, Heritage Hills High School Assistant Principal Jeff Cochren...
It won’t be long before the first businesses open shop in Jasper’s new River Centre...
Next Act Inc, the nonprofit organization that owns and operates the historic Astra Theatre in...
Creative energy filled Jasper Middle School Saturday as teams of students from across Southern...
Three local police K-9s will receive bullet- and stab-protective vests thanks to a charitable...