Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsJanuary 11, 2019
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2019. They are: Jon Menke, president; John Schroeder, vice president; and Jennifer Thacker, secretary.
• Approved holding board meetings at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at the corporation office, 113 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
• Approved Phil Schneider to serve as the board attorney for 2019.
• Approved the Huntingburg Press as the official newspaper for the board’s legal notices. State law requires the board to use a newspaper printed in the school district.
• Approved Allison Pund as treasurer for the corporation and Jerri Kramer as deputy treasurer.
• Approved Jerri Kramer as executive secretary for the corporation.
• Approved board compensation at $2,000 per person for the year.
• Approved facility use for all corporation extracurricular and athletic camps and activities for the year.
• Moved the May board meeting to Monday, May 20, to follow the academic awards.
• Approved the following facilities-use requests: the Huntingburg Police Department to use the Southridge High School fieldhouse for defensive tactics training today; Southridge Middle School to use the high school fieldhouse for softball tryouts and practices as scheduled; the high school band and choir to use the middle school gym for the annual mattress sale on March 16; and the Southridge Post Prom to use the high school for the event on April 13.
• Approved the following field trips: the Mayor’s Youth Council to attend the Mayor’s Youth Summit in Bloomington; the Southridge All State Choir to attend the performance in Fort Wayne; the high school boys basketball team to attend the nationally-televised game at North Daviess High School; and the Southridge Future Farmers of America Club to attend the state dairy evaluation and the state convention at Purdue University.
• Approved the resignations of instructional assistants Britni Chavez and Olivia Dubon Serrano at Huntingburg Elementary School and girls track coach Elizabeth Wertman at the middle school.
• Approved the following employment: instructional assistant Cristina Parke at Holland Elementary School; art assistant Emily Meyer at Huntingburg Elementary; and girls track coach Chad Wertman, girls tennis coach volunteers Kelly Kieffner and Paul Kinker and boys golf volunteer Steve Winkler at the high school.
• Approved Indiana Wesleyan student Andrew Russell to complete student teaching at the high school during the spring semester.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to review the corporation’s investments and approved German American Bank, Freedom Bank and Old National Bank for use by the school corporation.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...