Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsOctober 19, 2018
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the 2019 budget, the 2018-20 capital projects plan and the 2018-29 bus replacement plan.
• Approved the budget line two reduction resolution stating that the school corporation will strive to be fiscally responsible.
• Thanked the Holland Grandparents’ Day event for donating $434 to Riley Hospital for Children and $432 to the Shriners’ Quest for a Million Pennies.
• Thanked the Huntingburg Optimist Club for a $500 donation to the Holland Elementary Backpack Buddies program.
• Thanked the Holland United Methodist Ministry for a $100 donation to the Holland Elementary Raider Pride program.
• Approved the 2018-19 school improvement plans.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the Town of Holland Events Committee to hold the Halloween Party at Holland Elementary on Tuesday, Oct. 30, and Wednesday, Oct. 31; Augustana United Church of Christ to host the Community Thanksgiving Meal at Holland Elementary on Sunday, Nov. 18; Girl Scout Troop #55 to hold meetings at Huntingburg Elementary; CREW Wrestling to use the Southridge High School gym for practices November 2018 through March 2019 and to use Memorial Gym for the Matt Raid Tournament on Febr. 3; the City of Huntingburg to use Memorial Gym for a walking program October 2018 through April 2019; the Indiana Department of Environmental Management to use the high school auditorium for an air quality public hearing on Thursday, Nov. 29; and the adult basketball program to use the Holland Elementary gym on Wednesdays from November 2018 to April 2019.
• Approved Huntingburg Elementary fifth-graders to visit Owensboro RiverPark Center for “The Nutcracker” on Friday, Nov. 30.
• Approved the resignations of food service staff Mary Diane Wendholt and Holland Elementary cheer sponsor Sarah Schmitt.
• Approved the following new employment positions: English language learners instructional assistant Michelle Grunden, fifth grade boys basketball coach Matt Stegall and fifth grade girls basketball volunteers Olivia Songer and Michael Ham at Huntingburg Elementary; Indiana State University student Madison Grundhoefer to student teach at Holland Elementary; sixth grade boys basketball coach Chad Whitehead, seventh grade boys basketball coach Kenny Peacock and cheer volunteer Morgan Peter at Southridge Middle School; and food service staff Julie Steckler, wrestling volunteer Chris Goldman, swimming volunteers Matt Medcalf and Jan Luker, athletic department volunteer Blake Broeker and girls basketball volunteers Paul Neukam and Kendyl Dearing at the high school.
• Heard that board members Christopher Neu and Jennifer Thacker completed tours of the corporation’s schools to answer questions and present information to the staff. They will have some policy recommendations at next month’s meeting, set for 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...