Meeting: Southwest Dubois SchoolsAugust 17, 2018
The Southwest Dubois School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the Huntingburg Youth Soccer League to use the Maple Park gym for team pictures Sunday and Sunday, Aug. 26, for team photos.
• Approved the Herbstfest pageant to use Huntingburg Elementary School for a weather backup for the pageant’s events, scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 26; Sunday, Sept. 9; and Friday, Sept. 28.
• Approved the Cub Scouts to use the Huntingburg and Holland elementary gyms for sign-ups on Tuesday, Aug. 28.
• Approved the Huntingburg Public Library to use the Holland Elementary cafeteria for its Digital Climbers program on the third Thursday of each month during the school year.
• Approved the Southridge High School band to use the Southridge complex and Raider Field for a 5K and community performance on Saturday, Oct. 20.
• Approved Get Out! And Serve! to use the Memorial Gym parking lot for a car wash and oil changes on Sunday, Sept. 9.
• Approved the Neola school board policy updates. Neola is an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
• Approved the resignation of instructional assistants Olivia Schilling, Melissa Hobert and Caroline Harbottle at Holland Elementary; instructional assistant Kala Kramer at Huntingburg Elementary; and food service staffer Lindsey Hoffman, custodian Jennifer Schneider and Key Club sponsor Eric Hohl at the high school.
• Approved hiring teacher Ashley Rasche; instructional assistants Melissa Buening, Samantha Morrison and Sara Davis; food service staff Courtney Hellums and health assistant Laura Buse at Huntingburg Elementary; instructional assistants Carissa King and Jennifer Altmeyer at Holland Elementary; sixth-grade basketball coach T.J. Montgomery at Southridge Middle School; and food service staff Mary Jo Wirthwein, National Honor Society sponsor Michelle Allen, assistant softball coaches Allie Michel Schwinghammer, Jason Songer and Mariah Ferguson Obermeier, Key Club sponsor Katie McCord; and freshmen boys basketball coach Brett Roesner at the high school.
• Approved several volunteers for service around the corporation.
• Approved transferring Stephanie Nordhoff from an instructional assistant to a preschool instructor at Huntingburg Elementary.
• Approved migrant lead recruiter Angelica Tackett and professional learning associate Lori Richardson for the Southern Indiana Education Center. The school corporation is the lead organization for the SIEC and therefore approves all contracts.
• Approved the 2018-19 agreement for the Southridge Aquatic Raider Gaters.
• Approved increasing the limit on the corporation’s Visa credit card to $20,000 and adding Curriculum Director Melissa Boeglin to the account.
• Approved reappointing Casey Lindeman and Susan Kaminski to the Huntingburg Public Library Board.
• Approved a resolution establishing the education and operations funds. The new funds must be created due to new funding structures from the state.
• Approved a resolution to transfer funds from the education fund to the operations fund. Under the new structure, all the state funding goes to the education fund. However, some expenses in the operations fund, such as utility payments, are payable with state money, so the board must transfer the necessary funds from the education fund to cover those expenses.
• Approved purchasing a bus from Kerlin Motor Company of Silver Lake for $96,414 after trade-in. The new bus replaces a bus from 2009.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The walls of Lucille (Baker) Rudolph’s room at Jasper’s Northwood Retirement Community are...
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...