Meeting: Southeast SchoolsNovember 8, 2018
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the following professional leaves: teacher Ann Clark to the Duke Energy Power of Reading Summit in Terre Haute; Library Manager Darlene Sitzman to the media networking session at the Southern Indiana Education Center in Jasper; Pine Ridge Elementary Principal Ryan Haas to School Improvement at SIEC in Jasper; agriculture teacher Annette Applegate to the winter agriculture teacher workshop in Trafalgar; and Choir Director Charles Bradley to All State Choir in Fort Wayne.
• Approved the following field trips: the Forest Park Junior-Senior High School FFA to Envirothon in Boonville; the Forest Park choir to the All State Choir competition in Ft. Wayne; Ferdinand Elementary to Derby Dinner Playhouse in Clarksville; and Forest Park Junior High to the Jasper 8 movie theater.
• Approved the following facilities-use requests: Chriskindlmarkt to use Forest Park and Ferdinand Elementary Saturday, Nov. 17, through Monday, Nov. 19; the Ranger 4-H Club to use Forest Park for meetings as needed throughout the year; Girls AAU Basketball to use Forest Park for tourneys the weekend of Dec. 8 and the weekend of Dec. 15; and Cub Scout Pack 186 to use Forest Park for monthly meetings.
• Approved the following resignations: instructional assistant Jennifer Davis, secretary Sharon Lindauer and assistant football coach Jonathan Hulsman at Forest Park; and instructional assistant Olivia Schilling at Pine Ridge.
• Hired the following: introduction to two-dimensional art dual credit course instructor Tammy Taylor, assistant football coach Terry Wagner and instructional assistant Michelle Fuhrman at Forest Park; and fifth grade cheer sponsor Lauren Troesch at Cedar Crest Intermediate School.
• Heard that the corporation will report school closings and delays via the School Messenger phone system as well as local radio stations and Evansville market TV stations.
• Held the first reading of Neola Inc. school board policies. Neola is an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
• Approved the following donations: $4,481.51 from the Indiana Department of Education’s Early Intervention grant for Ferdinand and Pine Ridge elementaries; $6,000 from Old National Bank’s Tools for Schools program for Pine Ridge; $250 from Lavina Schwartz; $500 from John and Erika Messmer; $300 from Jesse and Emily Hagedorn; $500 from Steve and Lori Grundhoefer; $100 from Kyle Schwinghammer; $1,000 from Daniel Eby; $5,200 from the Forest Park Athletic Department; $250 from Jared and Natalie Howard; $2,500 from the Forest Park Letterman’s Club; $500 from AC Motorsports; $100 from Mark and Joyce Beck; $5,000 from the Forest Park Athletic Booster Club; $1,000 from Kevin and Jennifer Lusk; $100 from Gus and Deb Blume; $250 from Marty Welp; $100 from Kris and Diana Schwinghammer; $250 from Mark and Jamie Pund; $100 from Brent and Bonnie Lane; $1,000 from Tadd and Julie Ferguson; $100 from Pat and Denise Heilers; $2,500 from the SP&F Football Club; $1,000 from Kurt and Stacy Fleck; $150 from Ryan and Lavonne Walling; $250 from Pat and Ruth Lueken; $5,500 from Chris and Dawn Tretter; $500 from Mark and Angie Wollenmann; $500 from Bryce and Jill Morrison; $1,000 from the Jim and LaVerne Uebelhor Endowment; $1,000 from the St. Anthony Community Endowment; and an L-shaped desk for the Forest Park Library from BP Sales Inc.
• Approved Cedar Crest teachers Billy Harris, Hannah Sitzman and Steven DeKemper to supervise the We R Fit program at Cedar Crest for November and December.
• Approved the contract with the Southeast Dubois Classroom Teachers Association for the year.
• Approved paying $2,461.41 for an art show at Pine Ridge Elementary School.
• Approved ALICE instructor training for Cedar Crest Principal Mark Jahn for $595. ALICE — alert, lockdown, inform, counter, evacuate — is an active shooter training response course.
• Approved the countywide school calendar for the 2019-20 school year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...