Meeting: Southeast SchoolsJanuary 9, 2020
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Kent Uebelhor, president; Matt Eckert, vice president; Elaine Miller, secretary; Cecelia Hamilton, assistant secretary.
• Set board compensation at $2,000 annually, plus $50 per meeting.
• Set the regular meeting for 6:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month at the corporation office, 432 E. 15th St., Ferdinand.
• Appointed corporation treasurers as follows: Tracy Troesch, corporation treasurer; Sharon Welp, corporation deputy treasurer; Susan Blume, Forest Park Junior-Senior High School extracurricular activities treasurer; Janet Uebelhor, Pine Ridge Elementary extracurricular activities treasurer; and Stephanie Bolling, Cedar Crest Intermediate School extracurricular activities treasurer.
• Appointed Art Nordhoff, Jr. board attorney for the year for $9,000.
• Appointed Ryan Haas as local educational agency representative of federal programs for the corporation.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to approve banks for the school corporation and to hear a review of financial indicators.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Annette Applegate and Olivia Lamey to the Indiana Association of Agriculture Educators winter workshop in Trafalgar and the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Kentucky; Sara Beck to the writer’s workshop at the Southern Indiana Education Center in Jasper; Glenda Begle and Andi Longabaugh to an Upgrade meeting at Newburgh Library in Newburgh; and Jennifer Blackgrove to the Upgrade regional meeting.
• Approved an EF Tours trip to Italy for high school students led by Tony Hasenour and the Business Professionals of America students to attend the state leadership conference.
• Approved the Girl Scouts of America to use Pine Ridge Elementary.
• Approved the following resignations: Karen Kippenbrock, director of technology; Pam Kippenbrock, Ferdinand Elementary administrative assistant; and Selena Rahman, part-time custodian at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved the following appointments: instructional assistant Amy Bockelman at Forest Park; robotics coach Lisa Schroeder, Math Bowl coach Abby Rogier, Academic Bowl coach Autumn Langen and temporary teacher Anna Clements at Cedar Crest; and administrative assistant and extracurricular activities treasurer Holly Xanders at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved the following donations: $79 from Ryan Kempf for the boys basketball team; $50 from Art and Rita Sonderman to the Community Impact Club for the Forest Park landscaping project; $1,000 from Psi Iota Xi to the Forest Park library; $150 from the Dubois County Community Foundation for the Ferdinand Elementary library; $50 from Weyer Electric for the Key Club; $648 from Brian and Jill Tretter to the boys soccer team; $600 from Kevin and Cathy Bolte for student lunch accounts; and an anonymous $500 donation to Pine Ridge for student lunch accounts.
• Approved the corporation remaining a member of the following organizations: the Southern Indiana Education Center; the Dubois-Spencer-Perry-Pike Exceptional Children’s Co-Op; the Patoka Valley Career and Technical Co-Op; the Indiana School Board Association; the Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents; the Indiana Association of School Principals; the Indiana Association of School Business Officials; the Southern Indiana School Trust; the Indiana Small Rural Schools Association; and the Indiana School Public Relations Association.
• Approved end-of-year encumbrances and transfers within school accounts.
• Approved the salary scale for non-certified staff.
• Approved a contract with the Dubois County Sheriff’s Office for a school resource officer. Deputy Josh Smith has filled the position.
• Heard that the assessed property value in the corporation increased for the 2020 budget year and that the corporation’s property tax rate is $0.87 per $100 of assessed value.
• Approved contracting with Five Star for a part-time technology director to handle tech support for the corporation. The corporation already contracts with Five Star for technology engineering services.
• Approved property, casualty and workers compensation insurance policies through the Educational Service Centers Risk Funding Trust.
• Heard that preschool and kindergarten round-up for Pine Ridge Elementary will be Thursday, March 5.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Inside the ink, Boone Taylor has found trust and respect. The Jasper man has previously owned...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today five new positive COVID-19 cases.
The Dubois County Council had the difficult task of trimming the county’s proposed 2021 budget...
Be true. Be kind. Be you. More than two years after complications from a brain tumor surgery...
Finances were on the minds of each Dubois County Council member as they reviewed the budgets of...
Of the county’s 708 cases, 479 have recovered and 12 deaths have been reported. A total of...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 24 new positive COVID-19 cases.
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...