Meeting: Southeast SchoolsJanuary 9, 2020
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Kent Uebelhor, president; Matt Eckert, vice president; Elaine Miller, secretary; Cecelia Hamilton, assistant secretary.
• Set board compensation at $2,000 annually, plus $50 per meeting.
• Set the regular meeting for 6:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of each month at the corporation office, 432 E. 15th St., Ferdinand.
• Appointed corporation treasurers as follows: Tracy Troesch, corporation treasurer; Sharon Welp, corporation deputy treasurer; Susan Blume, Forest Park Junior-Senior High School extracurricular activities treasurer; Janet Uebelhor, Pine Ridge Elementary extracurricular activities treasurer; and Stephanie Bolling, Cedar Crest Intermediate School extracurricular activities treasurer.
• Appointed Art Nordhoff, Jr. board attorney for the year for $9,000.
• Appointed Ryan Haas as local educational agency representative of federal programs for the corporation.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to approve banks for the school corporation and to hear a review of financial indicators.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Annette Applegate and Olivia Lamey to the Indiana Association of Agriculture Educators winter workshop in Trafalgar and the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Kentucky; Sara Beck to the writer’s workshop at the Southern Indiana Education Center in Jasper; Glenda Begle and Andi Longabaugh to an Upgrade meeting at Newburgh Library in Newburgh; and Jennifer Blackgrove to the Upgrade regional meeting.
• Approved an EF Tours trip to Italy for high school students led by Tony Hasenour and the Business Professionals of America students to attend the state leadership conference.
• Approved the Girl Scouts of America to use Pine Ridge Elementary.
• Approved the following resignations: Karen Kippenbrock, director of technology; Pam Kippenbrock, Ferdinand Elementary administrative assistant; and Selena Rahman, part-time custodian at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved the following appointments: instructional assistant Amy Bockelman at Forest Park; robotics coach Lisa Schroeder, Math Bowl coach Abby Rogier, Academic Bowl coach Autumn Langen and temporary teacher Anna Clements at Cedar Crest; and administrative assistant and extracurricular activities treasurer Holly Xanders at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved the following donations: $79 from Ryan Kempf for the boys basketball team; $50 from Art and Rita Sonderman to the Community Impact Club for the Forest Park landscaping project; $1,000 from Psi Iota Xi to the Forest Park library; $150 from the Dubois County Community Foundation for the Ferdinand Elementary library; $50 from Weyer Electric for the Key Club; $648 from Brian and Jill Tretter to the boys soccer team; $600 from Kevin and Cathy Bolte for student lunch accounts; and an anonymous $500 donation to Pine Ridge for student lunch accounts.
• Approved the corporation remaining a member of the following organizations: the Southern Indiana Education Center; the Dubois-Spencer-Perry-Pike Exceptional Children’s Co-Op; the Patoka Valley Career and Technical Co-Op; the Indiana School Board Association; the Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents; the Indiana Association of School Principals; the Indiana Association of School Business Officials; the Southern Indiana School Trust; the Indiana Small Rural Schools Association; and the Indiana School Public Relations Association.
• Approved end-of-year encumbrances and transfers within school accounts.
• Approved the salary scale for non-certified staff.
• Approved a contract with the Dubois County Sheriff’s Office for a school resource officer. Deputy Josh Smith has filled the position.
• Heard that the assessed property value in the corporation increased for the 2020 budget year and that the corporation’s property tax rate is $0.87 per $100 of assessed value.
• Approved contracting with Five Star for a part-time technology director to handle tech support for the corporation. The corporation already contracts with Five Star for technology engineering services.
• Approved property, casualty and workers compensation insurance policies through the Educational Service Centers Risk Funding Trust.
• Heard that preschool and kindergarten round-up for Pine Ridge Elementary will be Thursday, March 5.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A one-room schoolhouse that educated generations of Dubois County residents has finally come...
A bill that is moving through the Indiana Senate would extend the statute of limitations for...
Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Ryan McIntyre, who is assigned to...
Suspended about 2 feet above the ground, Erin Rauscher of Yes Power Yoga and her students flew...
New this spring, Wilstem will add a female Asian elephant to its wildlife family and partner...
A competitive jazz program launched at Forest Park after kids returned from winter break earlier...
A new gymnasium is on its way to Northeast Dubois High School.
John Tretter is home. And he’s ready for a challenge. Tuesday morning, the Huntingburg man was...