Meeting: Southeast SchoolsNovember 7, 2019
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Held a moment of silence for Anderson Peters, the Forest Park Junior-Senior High School student who died earlier this week.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Maria Sweat and Ann Clark to the National Blue Ribbon Ceremony for Ferdinand Elementary; Ryan Haas to English language learners networking; and Lavina Schwartz to the College and Career Readiness Bridge Pilot Program.
• Approved the following field trips: Forest Park agriculture students to the area crops and forestry competition; Forest Park principles of engineering class to Jasper Engines and Kimball International; the computer technical support class to Vincennes University, Forest Park and Cedar Crest Intermediate School; and Ferdinand Elementary kindergarten, first-, second- and third-graders to the Jasper Community Arts Center.
• Approved the following facility use requests: the Red Cross to use Ferdinand Elementary for a blood drive; and the Ferdinand Tourism Committee to use Ferdinand Elementary and Forest Park for Christkindlmarkt.
• Approved the resignations of Miles Recker, assistant wrestling coach at Forest Park, and Tonya Uebelhor, custodian at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved the following hires: instructional assistant Justin Smith and temporary special needs preschool teacher Julie Lindauer at Ferdinand Elementary; temporary teacher Sharon Grameslpacher and sixth grade boys basketball coach Noah Hawkins at Cedar Crest; and Nerd Club adviser Joe Keller at Forest Park.
• Approved the following donations: $300 from Masterbrand Cabinets, $50 from Paul and Martha Wahl and $100 from Alvin and Diane Hoppenjans to the Forest Park Community Impact Club for its landscaping project; $100 from Ridetech and $50 from Best Home Furnishings for Forest Park robotics; $100 from Universal Design to the Forest Park Student Council for the Sunrise School Spirit Challenge; $3,200 from the SP&F football feeder program to Forest Park football; and $200 from the Iota Lambda Chapter of Psi Iota Xi for the Ferdinand Elementary music program.
• Approved the $6,000 Tools for Schools grant for Ferdinand Elementary. The grant is an award from Old National Bank.
• Approved the 2020-21 school calendar. The calendar is the same throughout the four Dubois County school corporations and sets Aug. 12 as the first day of school.
• Approved the deposit of $2,577.65 into the extracurricular activities account for Pine Ridge Elementary to cover the recent Scholastic book fair.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Virlee Gunselman smiled as she walked out the doors of Scenic Hills Care Center for the last...
They used their teacher voices and gave legislators a lesson on the issues facing public education.
It’s official. On July 1, the individual schools that make up the Northeast Dubois County...
Be honest. If someone asked you to spell “delicatessen” or “spontaneity” or...
The Southridge Middle School Spell Bowl team earned State Champion status Saturday at the...
Brightly colored balloons clung to the walls of Northeast Dubois High School science teacher...
A smile spread across Craig Weyer’s face Wednesday morning as the coffee beans turning in his...
French Lick Resort’s two newest attractions officially opened on Friday.