Meeting: Southeast SchoolsNovember 7, 2019
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Held a moment of silence for Anderson Peters, the Forest Park Junior-Senior High School student who died earlier this week.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Maria Sweat and Ann Clark to the National Blue Ribbon Ceremony for Ferdinand Elementary; Ryan Haas to English language learners networking; and Lavina Schwartz to the College and Career Readiness Bridge Pilot Program.
• Approved the following field trips: Forest Park agriculture students to the area crops and forestry competition; Forest Park principles of engineering class to Jasper Engines and Kimball International; the computer technical support class to Vincennes University, Forest Park and Cedar Crest Intermediate School; and Ferdinand Elementary kindergarten, first-, second- and third-graders to the Jasper Community Arts Center.
• Approved the following facility use requests: the Red Cross to use Ferdinand Elementary for a blood drive; and the Ferdinand Tourism Committee to use Ferdinand Elementary and Forest Park for Christkindlmarkt.
• Approved the resignations of Miles Recker, assistant wrestling coach at Forest Park, and Tonya Uebelhor, custodian at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved the following hires: instructional assistant Justin Smith and temporary special needs preschool teacher Julie Lindauer at Ferdinand Elementary; temporary teacher Sharon Grameslpacher and sixth grade boys basketball coach Noah Hawkins at Cedar Crest; and Nerd Club adviser Joe Keller at Forest Park.
• Approved the following donations: $300 from Masterbrand Cabinets, $50 from Paul and Martha Wahl and $100 from Alvin and Diane Hoppenjans to the Forest Park Community Impact Club for its landscaping project; $100 from Ridetech and $50 from Best Home Furnishings for Forest Park robotics; $100 from Universal Design to the Forest Park Student Council for the Sunrise School Spirit Challenge; $3,200 from the SP&F football feeder program to Forest Park football; and $200 from the Iota Lambda Chapter of Psi Iota Xi for the Ferdinand Elementary music program.
• Approved the $6,000 Tools for Schools grant for Ferdinand Elementary. The grant is an award from Old National Bank.
• Approved the 2020-21 school calendar. The calendar is the same throughout the four Dubois County school corporations and sets Aug. 12 as the first day of school.
• Approved the deposit of $2,577.65 into the extracurricular activities account for Pine Ridge Elementary to cover the recent Scholastic book fair.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The property swap agreement between the City of Huntingburg and the Southwest Dubois County...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company donated $25,000 to Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Kyle and Jamie Jahn’s lives are full of nonstop, behind-the-scenes activity.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Vaccine #2 is in the books. I got my second Moderna shot Saturday afternoon. And I had less of a...
Angie Ruxer’s kindergartners hover around her on their Strider bikes — beginner's bikes...