Meeting: Southeast Dubois SchoolsJune 4, 2021
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Set the calendar for creating and approving a school district budget for next year. Board members will work on the budget proposal on Aug. 4 and send the proposed plan to Gateway, which posts the information online at https://gateway.ifionline.org, and on the district’s website, https://www.sedubois.k12.in.us, by Aug. 18. A public hearing on the proposed 2022 budget, capital projects plan and bus replacement plan will be held on Sept. 1 and the board will consider adopting the budget at its Oct. 6 meeting. Once approved, the documents will be sent to the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance for review.
• Accepted the retirements of Linda Boeckman as cafeteria manager, Mark Oser as corporation maintenance and John Schipp as building maintenance.
• Accepted the following resignations: Mike Cronin as freshman basketball coach, Molly Cummings as Forest Park Junior-Senior High School Spell Bowl coach, Kathy Schnieders as Forest Park cafeteria cashier and Jared Schroering as building maintenance.
• Accepted Ronnie Drew’s resignation as CTE teacher and hired him as the corporation maintenance supervisor.
• Accepted Lisa Fletcher’s resignation as guidance secretary and hired her as the school nutrition program director.
• Accepted Laurel Gehlhausen’s resignation as custodian and hired her as a cook at Cedar Crest Intermediate School.
• Hired Jennifer Blackgrove and Nadina Paulin as summer school teachers at Ferdinand Elementary School, Cheryl Englert as an instructional assistant at Cedar Crest, Kerri Dilger as a counselor and Angie Evitts as fifth grade cheer coach.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.