Meeting: Southeast Dubois SchoolsJuly 2, 2020
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Heard an update on the re-entry plans for classes this fall and for summer athletics and marching band. Summer extracurriculars can begin Monday with strict guidelines in place. The re-entry plan for classes is currently under review at the Dubois County Health Department. The four county school boards will meet in a joint executive session next week to discuss the plan, and each board will meet individually the following week to give final approval. Details will be released to the public following final approval, scheduled for July 14.
• Approved a bid from RG Mechanical of Huntingburg for $38,000 to replace a chiller compressor at Cedar Crest Intermediate School.
• Heard that prom is scheduled for July 10 and graduation is scheduled for July 18.
• Held the first reading of board policy updates from Neola Inc., an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
• Approved a resolution establishing emergency paid leave and extended family medical leave for staff in accordance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which mandates additional paid time off for employees who are diagnosed with COVID-19 or who must care for a loved one who is diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Approved the Ferdinand Elementary Extracurricular Activities account to purchase school supplies for students for the 2020-21 school year for $1,350.90.
• Approved end-of-year financial reports for Cedar Crest, Ferdinand Elementary and Pine Ridge Elementary.
• Approved the following donations: $100 from St. Anthony of Padua Knights of Columbus, $19.75 from Robert and Diana Schlachter and $19.40 from Tonya Ahfield for the grab-and-go meal program; $500 per school for Cedar Crest, Ferdinand Elementary and Pine Ridge Elementary from the Kiwanis Club for an American flag project; and a $15,000 grant from the Dubois County Community Foundation for equipment needed to reopen schools.
• Made the following appointments: eighth grade boys basketball coach Aaron Berg, junior high boys soccer coach Noah Hawkins, girls golf coach Nick Grothouse, eighth grade girls volleyball coach Tammy LaGrange and English teacher Hailei Gehlhausen at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School; and part-time special needs preschool teacher and part-time instructional assistant Amanda Qualkenbush for the elementary schools.
• Approved the following resignations: English teacher, cheer coach and sophomore and senior class sponsor Jessica Reinbold; boys basketball assistant varsity coach Aaron Berg; English teacher Sylvia McFadden; Cedar Crest administrative assistant and extracurricular treasurer Colleen Murdock; custodian Joey Meyer; and instructional assistant Kayla Kippenbrock.
• Approved released time requests from local churches for optional religious education for the 2020-21 school year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Krempp Gallery at the Jasper Arts Center will present Owensboro, Kentucky, ink landscape...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 33 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Southwestern Indiana Citizens for Quality of Life recently received The Mal Atherton Award from...
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
When Denny Spinner decided to run for mayor in 2011, he had three key words he wanted to...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Ken Buck has lived and breathed parks and recreation for the past 47 years.