Meeting: Southeast Dubois SchoolsApril 4, 2019
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Announced that Forest Park Junior-Senior High School Principal Jamie Pund will be the corporation’s next superintendent. She will take over the position at the end of June following the retirement of current Superintendent Rick Allen.
• Recognized the middle and high school dance teams for winning five state awards and the Cedar Crest Intermediate School robotics team for qualifying for the worlds competition in Louisville, Kentucky.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: St. Anthony Cub Scouts to use Cedar Crest for their Pine Wood Derby; and Psi Iota Xi to hold Summer Speech and Language in July at Ferdinand and Pine Ridge elementaries.
• Approved the following fundraisers: Forest Park golf to host a golf scramble during the Ferdinand Heimatfest; Forest Park cross country to sell Ferdinand Legion pizza in May; and the Forest Park cheerleaders to participate in Peel-to-Safe to raise money for cheer equipment and supplies.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Jamie Pund, Rick Allen, Tracy Troesch and Sharon Welp to the Indiana Association of School Business Officials annual meeting in Fort Wayne; and agriculture teacher Annette Applegate to the summer agriculture teacher workshop in West Lafayette.
• Approved the following field trips: Forest Park welding students to the state welding competition at Vincennes University; Forest Park chorus to perform at the University of Southern Indiana and take a campus tour; and Pine Ridge third-graders to Squire Boone Caverns.
• Heard from representatives of the band boosters thanking director Chad Gayso for his years of service. Gayso recently accepted the job of band director for Jasper High School. The boosters offered to help with the hiring process to replace Gayso in any way they could.
• Approved the following resignations: Gayso and janitor Donna Hoffman at Forest Park; and instructional assistant Margaret Potter at Pine Ridge.
• Approved the following appointments: spring athletic supervisor Lydia Blessinger and assistant softball coach Alois Fest at Forest Park.
• Approved the following donations: $5,009.13 for the Forest Park golf program from Chris and Dawn Tretter; $20 from Demuth Trucking, $500 from Superior Ag Resources and $50 from John’s Tractor Service for the Forest Park Future Farmers of America; $120 from Donate Well and $500 from Don and Marilyn Hopster for the Pine Ridge walking trail; $50 for the junior high student council from Davie and Peggy Schwartz; and $120 from Psi Iota Xi sorority for the Forest Park family and consumer science department.
• Adopted the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Into Reading program for reading instruction at the elementary level.
• Approved teachers Tina Goffinet, Katelynn Schnell and Karen Wendholt to run the spring remediation program at Ferdinand Elementary.
• Approved a temporary addendum to the bus driver contract for route seven to add $716.80 to the contract to cover 140 extra miles the driver is covering due to a road closure.
• Approved teachers Billy Harris, Steven DeKemper and Abby Rogier to run the We R Fit after school program at Cedar Crest in April and May.
• Heard that the corporation won a $25,000 grant from the Indiana Department of Education for IT and cybersecurity costs.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.
With a fifth straight day of rain in store and 30 roads flooded by muddy water, the Dubois...
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...