Meeting: Southeast Dubois SchoolsMarch 7, 2019
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Recognized Forest Park Junior-Senior High School students Marna Davis for winning state runner-up in the Poetry Out Loud contest and Carson Hoffman for placing first in the SkillsUSA and Indiana Tooling and Machining Association competitions for precision manufacturing.
• Approved Christ the King Parish to use Ferdinand Elementary for vacation Bible school in June and a church picnic in August.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Ferdinand Elementary teacher Ann Rogier to attend a preschool meeting at Nancy Hanks Elementary School; Speech teacher Erin Brown to attend Tobii Dynavox AAC training at Jasper High School; teachers Paula Wendholt, Janet Uebelhor, Stephanie Bolling, Pam Kippenbrock and Lisa Fletcher to attend Harmony conferences in French Lick; Superintendent Rick Allen to attend the Student Transportation Conference of Indiana; nurse assistant Shalynne Smith to attend the a mental health first aid workshop at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center; and speech teacher Caitlynn Wessel to attend a language acquisition through motor planning seminar at Washington High School.
• Approved the following field trips: Forest Park eighth grade to Washington, D.C., in April and next year’s eighth-graders to Washington, D.C., in fall 2019; the Forest Park baseball team to Bowling Green, Kentucky, for two games and a practice; Pine Ridge Elementary fourth-graders to Heritage Days at the Dubois County Museum; Pine Ridge kindergartners to the Children’s Museum of Evansville; Ferdinand Elementary first-graders to Learning the Amish Way of Life; and the Forest Park Rangers for Christ to Louisville Freedom Hall Winter Jam.
• Approved the following resignations: instructional assistant Debbie Nord and preschool leader Mary Snively at Ferdinand Elementary; sixth-grade boys basketball coach Phil Wolf at Cedar Crest Intermediate School; and cook MaryLee Berg at Forest Park.
• Approved the following hires: head of maintenance Jared Schroering at Ferdinand Elementary; and assistant boys golf coach John Berges, instructional assistant Samantha Jarboe and Project Lead the Way engineering teacher Colin Daunhauer at Forest Park.
• Approved the school board to attend the Indiana School Board Association’s regional spring meeting. The date and time are to be announced.
• Approved a $500 donation from Mr. and Mrs. Ross Fuhs for the Forest Park weight room equipment and a $320 anonymous donation to cover students’ lunch balances as specified.
• Heard that dirt work on the multi-use trail around Pine Ridge will begin in the next couple weeks, weather permitting, with paving beginning in about a month.
• Heard that the board will hold a superintendent’s contract hearing at 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at the corporation office, 432 E. 15th St., Ferdinand. The board will not announce the new superintendent at that time, but plans to make the announcement at the April board meeting, set for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3, at the corporation office.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
After years of planning and discussion, St. Mary Catholic Church in Ireland dedicated a new...
Now that the Dubois County Health Department is open to the public again, health officials are...
The Dubois County Health Department reported seven new COVID-19 cases today.
A wave of pink, yellow and blue shot down the twisty water slide at the Jasper Municipal...
For the first time in about 60 years, Jerome Buening, 82, will miss the Dubois County 4-H Fair.
Where would you go to find Greek and Mexican foods; as well as barbecue, crepes, shaved ice and...
The Dubois County Health Department reported two new COVID-19 cases today.
For Nancy Owens of Holland, opening her own chiropractic clinic has been a longtime dream. Now,...