Meeting: Southeast Dubois SchoolsJuly 12, 2018
The Southeast Dubois School Board met Wednesday and:
• Approved the retirement of Superintendent Rick Allen, effective June 30, 2019. A full story is on Page 3
• Heard from Tony Hasenour, Forest Park High School girls basketball coach, and Chris Tretter, high school boys golf coach, about ongoing fundraising for new weight room equipment. Currently, $92,300 has been raised for the renovation, with another $15,800 in pledges. Hasenour said the fundraiser is about $40,000 away from its target dollar amount of $148,000. A full story is planned for Friday’s Herald.
• Approved the resignations of Molly Cummings as Forest Park Junior High School yearbook adviser, junior high school academic coach, and Builders Club sponsor; Riley Fleetwood as Forest Park junior high assistant football coach; and Brady Gunselman as a Forest Park High School teacher and senior class sponsor.
• Approved the hiring and reassignment of Ashley Becher as a high ability instructor at Ferdinand Elementary and Pine Ridge Elementary, Kelie Gadlage as a biology teacher at Forest Park, Dana Luker as Spanish teacher at Forest Park, Alicia Gogel and Audrey Mehling as instructional assistants at Pine Ridge Elementary, Jessica Werne as preschool leader at Pine Ridge from Aug. 9 to Sept. 17, Marilyn Stevens as preschool leader at Pine Ridge from Sept. 17 to the end of the school year, Jordan Beach as a half-time special education teacher and half-time instructional assistant at Cedar Crest, Jeanna Still as an instructional assistant at Cedar Crest, Gary Meyer as a mower at Forest Park, Maria Eckert and Mary Lou Gonzales as instructional assistants at Ferdinand Elementary, Tina Vaal as library assistant at Cedar Crest, Mike Cronin as seventh grade boys basketball coach at Forest Park, Jacob Berg as junior high football coach and Carmen VanWinkle as junior high assistant cross country coach.
• Approved donations including: furniture from Kimball International to Cedar Crest; $100 from Astro Security to Forest Park weight room equipment; an anonymous $1,000 donation to the Forest Park golf teams; a $300 donation from Matt and Sharon Meyer from the Jake Meyer Memorial Endowment for tennis, basketball and baseball programs at Forest Park; a $50 donation from Franzman Insurance Agency for a staff training and appreciation day; $1,000 from Mr. and Mrs. Curt Begle for the Forest Park weight and locker room equipment; a $3,500 donation from TransCanada for the Pine Ridge STEM laboratory and equipment; a $795 donation from Chris and Dawn Tretter through the Forest Park Golf Endowment for the boys and girls golf teams; and a $250 donation from Meyer Distributing for Forest Park weight room equipment.
• Approved the Title I budget for 2018-19. The amount budgeted is $61,366.66, but is not necessarily how much the district will receive from the Indiana Department of Education.
• Approved the professional leaves of Kelie Gadlage and Jessica Reinbold to attend advanced placement training at the University of Louisville, Natalie Howard to a summer yearbook workshop in Evansville, Brenda Weyer to a visible learning workshop in Jasper and elementary teachers to a handwriting workshop in Jasper.
• Approved Cedar Crest Intermediate sixth-graders to attend the Indiana State Fair.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...
A member of the Indiana Arts Commission saw some of the local arts in Dubois County Wednesday.
Seventy-five years after his heroic death, the father of a Jasper woman was recently honored in...
Dubois County Community Corrections has been on the search for grant funding to help replace...
Ferdinand Park Board President Matt Weyer hears a lot of excitement around town when the Old...