Meeting: Solid Waste Management DistrictJanuary 22, 2020
The Dubois County Solid Waste Management District met Tuesday and:
• Welcomed Dubois County Councilwoman Sonya Hass and Jasper Councilman Chad Lueken to the board. Haas replaces Councilwoman Becky Beckman; Lueken replaces former Councilman John Bell.
• Re-elected county Commissioner Elmer Brames as chairman and county Commissioner Chad Blessinger as vice chairman. Haas was elected secretary.
• Learned from District Director Carla Striegel–Winner that a tour will be set up for the public for Earth Day 2020, which is the 50th anniversary. The tour will include a stop at Jasper Salvage, the district process center and a landfill. It will also include a demonstration by the RC Flyers and a talk from an Indiana Department of Environmental Management representative.
• Heard that plans for a recycling market development grant are progressing. Although the district has been awarded the $10,700 grant, it has not received the signed paperwork for it, Striegel–Winner said. Plans for the grant include having a structure at the process center to hold items that the district doesn’t recycle; people from the public interested in the items can pick them up before they are disposed of. The Dubois County Commissioners agreed to accept the $5,000 structure into the county inventory once it is built. The district also plans to use part of the grant for an area to collect Freon for recycling.
• Heard that the district is pursuing a community recycling grant; that application was submitted in December, Striegel–Winner said.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.