Meeting: Otwell Miller AcademyFebruary 20, 2019
The Otwell Miller Academy Board met Monday and:
• Approved two donations. One was an anonymous $500 for the school’s food service program, and the other was a $565 quarterly donation from Coca-Cola.
• Approved donating $3,936 to the Flavius Paris Rhodes Trust held by the Friends of Otwell group to repay the trust for fire guard expenses incurred during the fall of 2017.
• Approved the student council to sell Smencils — scented pencils — as a fundraiser for River Harbin, a student with medical expenses. Approved a pizza fundraiser and a doughnut fundraiser to happen in the spring.
• Approved posting a part-time breakfast service position for the school. The position will pay $10 an hour for up to 15 hours a week.
• Tabled the purchase of a radio system for the school’s two buses to allow Director Rich Padgett to gather additional quotes.
• Thanked Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center and the Dubois Pike Credit Union for helping with a recent professional development day.
• Thanked the Pike County Sheriff’s Department and emergency management service for a quick response to a medical emergency at the school recently.
• Thanked the Pike County Soil and Water Conservation District for bringing a Theodore Roosevelt impersonator to the school for a program this month.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...
This week is Pine Ridge Elementary's sixth annual Wellness Week, an initiative focused on...
I’ve enjoyed a few stadium shakers in my time, but it’s the anti-arena acts on the smaller...
The hottest ticket the last two weekends for an Indiana volunteer firefighter had to be the...
Although he is in the middle of his Congressional work in the nation’s capital, U.S. Sen. Mike...
Bark in the Parklands was a joint event between the Dubois County Humane Society and the Jasper...