Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsMay 20, 2020
The Northeast Dubois County School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the resolution for a project that involves the addition of a gym, weight room and front entrance area at Northeast Dubois Junior-Senior High School. Also approved the declaration of official intent to reimburse expenditures for the project.
• Set the date for a building renovation and improvement meeting. It will be held at the board’s June meeting, which is scheduled for 7 p.m., on Tuesday, June 16, at the corporation office. The board must hold a public meeting under Indiana law when the school corporation proposes to construct or renovate a school building at a cost in excess of $1 million.
• Approved hiring Courtney Hopf as the principal at Northeast Dubois Elementary School. Also approved hiring Laura Betz as an assistant two days a week at Northeast Dubois Intermediate School.
• Approved the creation of a technology teacher position for grades three through nine in order to meet computer science standards.
• Approved a three-year mowing contract with Haase Mowing at a rate of $550 per mowing. That contract will run from 2021 through 2023.
• Approved postponed dates for prom and graduation. Prom will take place on Friday, July 10, and Graduation was scheduled for Saturday, July 25.
Approved gifting a bell from the old Haysville School to the Dubois County Museum.
• Approved sending written verification to the Catholic Diocese of Evansville regarding the transfer of the Celestine Elementary property back to the diocese, effective July 1.
• Heard of the retirements of Trish Mehringer, an art teacher who spent 29 years with the corporation, and Shirley Schmitt a Celestine Elementary cook who worked with Northeast Dubois for 27 years. Also heard of the resignation of Dubois Middle School assistant Julie Kelley.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Four-year-old Charlie Schnarr of Jasper was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare type of...
Susan Gossett wants more people to be able to go to faraway places right in the comfort of their...
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts created when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 44 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Hoosier National Forest seeks information from the public about an area south of Paoli in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department celebrated its 125th anniversary Wednesday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 52 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.