Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsMay 20, 2020
The Northeast Dubois County School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the resolution for a project that involves the addition of a gym, weight room and front entrance area at Northeast Dubois Junior-Senior High School. Also approved the declaration of official intent to reimburse expenditures for the project.
• Set the date for a building renovation and improvement meeting. It will be held at the board’s June meeting, which is scheduled for 7 p.m., on Tuesday, June 16, at the corporation office. The board must hold a public meeting under Indiana law when the school corporation proposes to construct or renovate a school building at a cost in excess of $1 million.
• Approved hiring Courtney Hopf as the principal at Northeast Dubois Elementary School. Also approved hiring Laura Betz as an assistant two days a week at Northeast Dubois Intermediate School.
• Approved the creation of a technology teacher position for grades three through nine in order to meet computer science standards.
• Approved a three-year mowing contract with Haase Mowing at a rate of $550 per mowing. That contract will run from 2021 through 2023.
• Approved postponed dates for prom and graduation. Prom will take place on Friday, July 10, and Graduation was scheduled for Saturday, July 25.
Approved gifting a bell from the old Haysville School to the Dubois County Museum.
• Approved sending written verification to the Catholic Diocese of Evansville regarding the transfer of the Celestine Elementary property back to the diocese, effective July 1.
• Heard of the retirements of Trish Mehringer, an art teacher who spent 29 years with the corporation, and Shirley Schmitt a Celestine Elementary cook who worked with Northeast Dubois for 27 years. Also heard of the resignation of Dubois Middle School assistant Julie Kelley.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Be true. Be kind. Be you. More than two years after complications from a brain tumor surgery...
Finances were on the minds of each Dubois County Council member as they reviewed the budgets of...
Of the county’s 708 cases, 479 have recovered and 12 deaths have been reported. A total of...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 24 new positive COVID-19 cases.
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.