Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsMay 20, 2020
The Northeast Dubois County School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the resolution for a project that involves the addition of a gym, weight room and front entrance area at Northeast Dubois Junior-Senior High School. Also approved the declaration of official intent to reimburse expenditures for the project.
• Set the date for a building renovation and improvement meeting. It will be held at the board’s June meeting, which is scheduled for 7 p.m., on Tuesday, June 16, at the corporation office. The board must hold a public meeting under Indiana law when the school corporation proposes to construct or renovate a school building at a cost in excess of $1 million.
• Approved hiring Courtney Hopf as the principal at Northeast Dubois Elementary School. Also approved hiring Laura Betz as an assistant two days a week at Northeast Dubois Intermediate School.
• Approved the creation of a technology teacher position for grades three through nine in order to meet computer science standards.
• Approved a three-year mowing contract with Haase Mowing at a rate of $550 per mowing. That contract will run from 2021 through 2023.
• Approved postponed dates for prom and graduation. Prom will take place on Friday, July 10, and Graduation was scheduled for Saturday, July 25.
Approved gifting a bell from the old Haysville School to the Dubois County Museum.
• Approved sending written verification to the Catholic Diocese of Evansville regarding the transfer of the Celestine Elementary property back to the diocese, effective July 1.
• Heard of the retirements of Trish Mehringer, an art teacher who spent 29 years with the corporation, and Shirley Schmitt a Celestine Elementary cook who worked with Northeast Dubois for 27 years. Also heard of the resignation of Dubois Middle School assistant Julie Kelley.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In the morning of a historic day set in the middle of a pandemic, Misty McDonald hugged her...
Stamps received his medical degree and completed his residency at Indiana University School of...
Six years ago today, Huntingburg was named a Stellar Community. A grand opening was held today...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today the county's 13th death related to COVID-19.
Mark Messmer, chairman of the Dubois County Republican Party, filed the challenge Monday evening...
Of the county’s 729 cases, 535 have recovered and 13 deaths have been reported. A total of...
Like many summer festivals before it, the Holland Community Festival will look a little...
Mask-clad teachers and staff members lined the sidewalk on the east end of the building holding...