Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsJanuary 7, 2020
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Monday and:
• Appointed new board member Shawn Dooley to represent Harbison Township. Dooley takes the seat formerly held by John Siebert.
• Appointed officers for 2020. The officers are: Mary Pankey, president; Bernie Knies, vice president; Kelly Knies, secretary; and Bernie Knies, liaison for the board.
• Appointed corporation treasurers and set their bonds. DeAnn Meyer will be corporation treasurer and hold a $50,000 bond and Gretchen Brinkman will be corporation deputy treasurer and hold a $50,000 bond. The bond protects the corporation from financial mistakes.
• Appointed Arthur Nordhoff Jr. as board attorney for 2020 with a retainer of $7,000.
• Set the monthly regular board meetings for the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the corporation office, 5379 E. Main St., Dubois.
• Set the annual salary for board members at $2,000.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting and heard a report on the corporation’s finances from Superintendent Bill Hochgesang.
• Rescheduled the public work session to discuss phase 2 of the corporation’s construction project to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20 at the corporation office.
• Suspended substitute bus driver Derek Breitweiser from driving for the corporation, pending his current court case.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported no new COVID-19 cases today.
Following monthslong fermatas, the collective steps and sounds of marching bands are filling...
The Dubois County Health Department reported 15 new cases of COVID-19 in the county Tuesday —...
I watched “Jaws.” Again. It’s my summer tradition; every summer is my summer of the shark.
Organized by Dubois County Youth Livestock Supporters Inc., the 2020 Dubois County Youth...