Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsJanuary 7, 2020
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Monday and:
• Appointed new board member Shawn Dooley to represent Harbison Township. Dooley takes the seat formerly held by John Siebert.
• Appointed officers for 2020. The officers are: Mary Pankey, president; Bernie Knies, vice president; Kelly Knies, secretary; and Bernie Knies, liaison for the board.
• Appointed corporation treasurers and set their bonds. DeAnn Meyer will be corporation treasurer and hold a $50,000 bond and Gretchen Brinkman will be corporation deputy treasurer and hold a $50,000 bond. The bond protects the corporation from financial mistakes.
• Appointed Arthur Nordhoff Jr. as board attorney for 2020 with a retainer of $7,000.
• Set the monthly regular board meetings for the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the corporation office, 5379 E. Main St., Dubois.
• Set the annual salary for board members at $2,000.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting and heard a report on the corporation’s finances from Superintendent Bill Hochgesang.
• Rescheduled the public work session to discuss phase 2 of the corporation’s construction project to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20 at the corporation office.
• Suspended substitute bus driver Derek Breitweiser from driving for the corporation, pending his current court case.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.