Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsJanuary 7, 2020
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Monday and:
• Appointed new board member Shawn Dooley to represent Harbison Township. Dooley takes the seat formerly held by John Siebert.
• Appointed officers for 2020. The officers are: Mary Pankey, president; Bernie Knies, vice president; Kelly Knies, secretary; and Bernie Knies, liaison for the board.
• Appointed corporation treasurers and set their bonds. DeAnn Meyer will be corporation treasurer and hold a $50,000 bond and Gretchen Brinkman will be corporation deputy treasurer and hold a $50,000 bond. The bond protects the corporation from financial mistakes.
• Appointed Arthur Nordhoff Jr. as board attorney for 2020 with a retainer of $7,000.
• Set the monthly regular board meetings for the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the corporation office, 5379 E. Main St., Dubois.
• Set the annual salary for board members at $2,000.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting and heard a report on the corporation’s finances from Superintendent Bill Hochgesang.
• Rescheduled the public work session to discuss phase 2 of the corporation’s construction project to 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 20 at the corporation office.
• Suspended substitute bus driver Derek Breitweiser from driving for the corporation, pending his current court case.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Students and families in Dubois County can expect to end the school year completing assignments...
Though her stay in Dubois didn’t end as planned, Frida Hansson’s time as an exchange student...
The Dubois County Health Department is warning the public about potential risk exposure...
As the Dubois County Health Department confirmed today, the fourth positive case of novel...
The Stiles home in Jasper has become a family-centered hub of e-learning since schools and...
Jasper Middle School students in Brent Seibert’s seventh- and eighth-grade math classes were...
Local school leadership teams are meeting today to develop plans for continued instruction, and...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms today the fourth positive case of novel coronavirus...