Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsDecember 18, 2019
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved transferring $50,000 from the operations fund to the rainy day fund.
• Approved hiring Andy Chinn as a half-time assistant principal for the junior/senior high school for the 2020-21 school year. Chinn also serves as the corporation’s director of improvement, assessment and technology.
• Approved adding a Friday afternoon preschool option for 3-year-old students and a full day option for 4-year-old students.
• Approved increasing the preschool registration fee to $45 per student.
• Approved updates to the Neola Inc. school board policies. Neola Inc. is an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
• Approved corporation treasurer and deputy treasurer bonds at $50,000 each for 2020. The bonds protect the school against financial crimes and are required by law.
• Approved property and casualty insurance renewal for 2020 with the Educational Services Centers Risk Funding Trust.
• Set the 2020 organizational meeting for 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, at the corporation office, 5379 E. Main St., Dubois.
• Set a public work session to discuss phase 2 of construction projects around the corporation for 6:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13 at the corporation office, 5379 E. Main St., Dubois.
• Approved adding Clerk of the Works Gary Bair to the corporation payroll.
• Approved a $300 stipend for teachers who help move their classrooms over the summer.
• Heard that the corporation received its final 2020 tax rate from the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance. The 2020 tax rate will be .9114, or $0.91 per $100 of assessed value. The 2019 tax rate was .9259, and the 2018 rate was .9850.
• Heard that the Northeast Dubois High School library received a $150 grant from the Herald Endowment for Literacy with the Dubois County Community Foundation.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Department of Health announced today the second positive case of COVID-19 for a...
Balancing work while parenting in the time of coronavirus
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...
In this age of social distancing due to COVID-19, social media is helping to fill in the human...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center has a plan for COVID-19, and has been working daily to...
Jasper Engines and Transmissions has converted one of its racing trailers into an alternate...
Tammy Lampert knows that Dubois County residents love to see old buildings repurposed and given...
Really, the process of distilling spirits and making hand sanitizer isn’t so different.