Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsAugust 21, 2019
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the following hires: special education assistant Bryce Butler for the high school, special education assistant Krista Knust and cook Rose Austin at the middle school, special education assistants Morgan Shepherd and Stephanie Faulk-Tillberry at Dubois Elementary, and part-time custodian Patty Burke for the school corporation.
• Hired Chester Pools of New Albany to fix the pool for $203,000. Work will include putting in a new liner, fixing pipes and filling cracks. Chester Pools was the company that originally installed the pool in 1975. The work will be done by October and the pool will be ready in time for swim season, Superintendent Bill Hochgesang said.
• Approved the district’s mileage reimbursement policy. The policy has not changed, but had never been in written form, Hochgesang said.
• Approved a maintenance clothing allowance for its custodians, and thus decided to not use a clothing cleaning service.
• Held public hearings for the district’s 2020 capital projects and bus replacement funds and for its upcoming teacher compensation and collective bargaining session. No one from the public had a comment.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...