Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsAugust 21, 2019
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the following hires: special education assistant Bryce Butler for the high school, special education assistant Krista Knust and cook Rose Austin at the middle school, special education assistants Morgan Shepherd and Stephanie Faulk-Tillberry at Dubois Elementary, and part-time custodian Patty Burke for the school corporation.
• Hired Chester Pools of New Albany to fix the pool for $203,000. Work will include putting in a new liner, fixing pipes and filling cracks. Chester Pools was the company that originally installed the pool in 1975. The work will be done by October and the pool will be ready in time for swim season, Superintendent Bill Hochgesang said.
• Approved the district’s mileage reimbursement policy. The policy has not changed, but had never been in written form, Hochgesang said.
• Approved a maintenance clothing allowance for its custodians, and thus decided to not use a clothing cleaning service.
• Held public hearings for the district’s 2020 capital projects and bus replacement funds and for its upcoming teacher compensation and collective bargaining session. No one from the public had a comment.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Here’s a riddle for you. Next week, a boy will celebrate his 10th birthday, making him the...
Danny Barnett just wants his life back. He wants to go back to work. He wants to wake up in the...
This weekend, Jasper cheerleading teams will compete in the biggest cheerleading contest.
It was early afternoon on a Friday, and Southridge Middle School teacher Tiffany Neuhoff was...
School had ended for the day, but sounds of creation still echoed through the halls of Holy...
The City of Huntingburg is trying to do something with a former gas station on U.S. 231 that has...
Expanding and updating justice system facilities, and renovating the courthouse were discussed...
The Herald photography staff earned 16 awards this weekend at the Indiana News Photographers...