Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsNovember 23, 2018
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that VPS Architecture of Evansville, which the corporation hired to plan future facilities projects, will hold three public meetings to hear what community members think needs to be addressed. The meetings will all be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Northeast Dubois High School cafeteria, 4711 N Dubois Rd. NE, Dubois. Meeting dates are Tuesday, Nov. 27; Thursday, Dec. 13; and Monday Jan. 7.
• Approved year-end transfers, as necessary, to make sure all school funds end the year in the black. The action is required by Indiana law.
• Approved the countywide school calendar for the 2019-20 school year. All four county school corporations work together to create the calendar so that major school breaks, such as holidays, are the same throughout the county.
• Approved hiring Joyce Hulsman to be the corporation’s food service director effective Jan. 1.
• Approved a lock-in at Dubois Elementary the night of Friday, Dec. 7, with the high school swim team.
• Held the first reading of Neola Inc. school board policy updates. Neola is an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...
Holland Events Committee Inc. presented a $5,000 donation to Holland Elementary School for...
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...