Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsNovember 23, 2018
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that VPS Architecture of Evansville, which the corporation hired to plan future facilities projects, will hold three public meetings to hear what community members think needs to be addressed. The meetings will all be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Northeast Dubois High School cafeteria, 4711 N Dubois Rd. NE, Dubois. Meeting dates are Tuesday, Nov. 27; Thursday, Dec. 13; and Monday Jan. 7.
• Approved year-end transfers, as necessary, to make sure all school funds end the year in the black. The action is required by Indiana law.
• Approved the countywide school calendar for the 2019-20 school year. All four county school corporations work together to create the calendar so that major school breaks, such as holidays, are the same throughout the county.
• Approved hiring Joyce Hulsman to be the corporation’s food service director effective Jan. 1.
• Approved a lock-in at Dubois Elementary the night of Friday, Dec. 7, with the high school swim team.
• Held the first reading of Neola Inc. school board policy updates. Neola is an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
I’ve enjoyed a few stadium shakers in my time, but it’s the anti-arena acts on the smaller...
The hottest ticket the last two weekends for an Indiana volunteer firefighter had to be the...
Although he is in the middle of his Congressional work in the nation’s capital, U.S. Sen. Mike...
Bark in the Parklands was a joint event between the Dubois County Humane Society and the Jasper...
In celebration of Newspapers in Education Week, we asked elementary schoolers from Ireland,...
More than 500 attendees flooded the Jasper Community Arts Center and parts of Vincennes...
Severe weather that included wind gusts approaching 50 mph left its mark on Dubois County...
The St. John Bosco Youth Ministry in Jasper has hired Jacqueline Ripberger as its new director.