Meeting: Northeast Dubois SchoolsNovember 23, 2018
The Northeast Dubois School Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that VPS Architecture of Evansville, which the corporation hired to plan future facilities projects, will hold three public meetings to hear what community members think needs to be addressed. The meetings will all be held at 6:30 p.m. in the Northeast Dubois High School cafeteria, 4711 N Dubois Rd. NE, Dubois. Meeting dates are Tuesday, Nov. 27; Thursday, Dec. 13; and Monday Jan. 7.
• Approved year-end transfers, as necessary, to make sure all school funds end the year in the black. The action is required by Indiana law.
• Approved the countywide school calendar for the 2019-20 school year. All four county school corporations work together to create the calendar so that major school breaks, such as holidays, are the same throughout the county.
• Approved hiring Joyce Hulsman to be the corporation’s food service director effective Jan. 1.
• Approved a lock-in at Dubois Elementary the night of Friday, Dec. 7, with the high school swim team.
• Held the first reading of Neola Inc. school board policy updates. Neola is an independent organization that recommends policy and bylaw updates for member school boards.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A new gymnasium is on its way to Northeast Dubois High School.
John Tretter is home. And he’s ready for a challenge. Tuesday morning, the Huntingburg man was...
He had a dream. On Sunday, Dubois County residents remembered it.
Jasper native Shalyn Grow marked an item off her acting bucket list last year. The 2013 Jasper...
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...