Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsMarch 1, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Heard a presentation from Chrisney Elementary staff and students on Vex Robotics, a beginning robotics program.
• Approved a maternity leave for special education teacher Lauren Giesler beginning in April. Giesler covers Lincoln Trail Elementary and David Turnham Education Center.
• Approved the resignation of instructional assistant Teressa Smith at David Turnham.
• Made the following appointments: Janet Marshall to cover the maternity leave of Ashley Tempel and temporary special needs instructional assistant Ashley Begle for the corporation; part-time custodian and bus driver Crystal Schaefer at Heritage Hills High School; seventh-grade volleyball coach Tammy Litherland and volunteer assistant volleyball coach Leslie Henrickson at Heritage Hills Middle School; temporary teacher Kristin Windell at Chrisney Elementary; and temporary instructional assistants April Kippenbrock and Kara Greenwood to cover Giesler’s maternity leave at David Turnham.
• Approved the 2019-20 Heritage Hills High School curriculum guide.
• Approved Matrix Integration of Jasper and ENA of Indianapolis to complete various technology projects around the corporation that qualify for the federal e-rate program. The program reimburses schools for part of the cost of the projects.
• Approved the summer school course schedule, which will include English 10 and algebra I credit recovery, physical education, marching band, summer agriculture experience and elementary reading.
• Approved the following field trips: 14 high school students to career exploration at Waupaca Foundry in Tell City; 24 middle school and 63 elementary students to a choir concert at Jasper Middle School; the Future Farmers of America to the District 10 Leadership Center in Trafalgar; 150 high school girls to the Young Women LEAD conference in Jasper; Chrisney and Lincoln Trail Elementary third-graders to Springtime on the Farm at the Spencer County 4-H Center; and David Turnham fifth-graders to the Spencer County Courthouse.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the Special Olympics to use the high school track and swimming pool on Tuesdays and Thursdays as available from March 1 to May 31; North Spencer Youth Baseball to use the Patriot Athletic Center for tryouts from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturday; and the Aquatic Dolphins Swim Team to use the high school pool from April 29 to Aug. 2.
• Heard that 15 sixth-graders at David Turnham have been knitting hats for babies in the neonatal intensive care unit at Riley Hospital for Children during recess and mailed 120 hats to the hospital this week.
• Congratulated Lincoln Trail sixth-grader Maggie Walters for winning the Daughters of the American Revolution essay contest in Spencer County and at the state level.
• Congratulated several Singing Patriots who won gold or silver ratings at the Indiana State School Music Association solo and ensemble contest last weekend.
• Congratulated the Chrisney Elementary Destination Imagination team that won third place last weekend in the regional competition and will advance to state.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.