Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsAugust 29, 2018
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Held a meet-and-greet with new school personnel.
• Held a public hearing on the 2019 bus replacement and capital projects budgets. There were no public comments.
• Held a hearing on additional appropriation for 2018 general obligation bonds and projects. There were no public comments.
• Approved the resignations of after school assistant Aubrey Ruxer at Nancy Hanks Elementary; and custodian Christine Carl and head girls tennis coach Ray Kaetzel at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved hiring after school assistant Jayden Reyes at Chrisney Elementary; before school assistant Kaytie Cooley and after school assistant Sami Ibilal at Nancy Hanks; and custodian Kenneth Chumley at the high school.
• Approved an additional appropriation resolution for 2018 general obligation bonds and projects.
• Approved appointing new board member Lahna Mulzer to fill the seat vacated by the late Elaine Daubenspeck.
• Approved board members Clint Coleman, Annie Oxley and David Waninger to serve on the board’s bargaining committee for the 2018-19 school year.
• Approved board members Don Detzer, Lori Gogel, Brian Gehlhausen and Lahna Mulzer to serve on the calendar committee for the 2018-19 school year.
• Accepted food service bid contracts for the 2018-19 school year.
• Approved the high school FFA group to attend the national convention in October, the district-level livestock judging in April 2019 and the forestry event in December; high school publication students to meet designers from Vincennes University; and Heritage Hills Middle School eighth-graders to travel to Washington, D.C., for the annual trip in October.
• Approved middle school teacher Miranda Mundy and Dawn Mix to attend the I AM Performance Level Descriptors conference in Indianapolis in September.
• Approved the boys Junior Patriot basketball program to use the middle school foyer for sign-ups from 5:30 to 7 p.m. CDT Sept. 16 and 18.
• Heard that the high school agronomy team 1 placed first at the Purdue University crop scouting contest held Aug. 21. The team advanced to the regional competition held Monday in Nebraska.
• Heard that the Sept. 10 board meeting has been canceled so board members and Superintendent Dan Scherry can attend the Indiana School Board Association conference in Indianapolis.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...