Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsJune 26, 2020
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the resignation of Heritage Hills High School nurse Leah Matthews-Horton.
• Approved the following appointments: Technology integration/IT technician Duane Lorey for the corporation; and instructional assistants Lisa Ling and Ashley Hubert at Nancy Hanks Elementary.
• Heard an update on facilities projects from Superintendent Dan Scherry.
• Approved a bid from DeBra-Kuempel of Evansville for $117,845 to install HVAC localization systems at all North Spencer schools.
• Approved an architect agreement with Gibraltar Design of Evansville for continued work on the elementary school and high school library remodel projects.
• Heard a presentation on updated drawings for the elementary school and high school library remodels from Dale Wagner with Gibraltar Design.
• Approved a request for asset disposal for items from Nancy Hanks that are no longer in use.
• Approved a bid from Meadors Construction of Lincoln City for $13,688 to construct a transportation shed east of the administration office.
• Approved elementary and middle school book rental fees for the 2020-21 school year.
• Approved the corporation to apply for and accept state and federal grants for the 2020-21 school year.
• Approved a resolution for the suspension of board policies during an emergency. The action is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and allows the corporation to automatically suspend any policies that conflict with orders and policies from state or local officials during the public health emergency.
• Heard a report on the re-entry plan for high school athletics and graduation festivities and that the corporation is working on a re-entry plan for the 2020-21 school year, which is scheduled to begin Aug. 12.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In the morning of a historic day set in the middle of a pandemic, Misty McDonald hugged her...
Stamps received his medical degree and completed his residency at Indiana University School of...
Six years ago today, Huntingburg was named a Stellar Community. A grand opening was held today...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today the county's 13th death related to COVID-19.
Mark Messmer, chairman of the Dubois County Republican Party, filed the challenge Monday evening...
Of the county’s 729 cases, 535 have recovered and 13 deaths have been reported. A total of...
Like many summer festivals before it, the Holland Community Festival will look a little...
Mask-clad teachers and staff members lined the sidewalk on the east end of the building holding...