Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsMay 28, 2020
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the following resignations: instructional assistant Jessica Kincaid at Lincoln Trail Elementary; instructional assistant Lisa Schaefer at Nancy Hanks Elementary; and science and math teacher Heather Miller, assistant football coach Chris Sigler and academic team head coach and math academic team coach Sheila Wahl at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the following appointments: instructional assistant Jennifer Schaefer at David Turnham Education Center; eighth grade volleyball coach Kassidy Mundy at Heritage Hills Middle School; academic team head coach and math academic team coach Corey Mauck at the high school; and elementary technology coordinator and elementary teacher Shania Mundy for the corporation.
• Held the first preliminary determination hearing for the 2021 renovations and improvements projects. There were no public comments.
• Approved the architecture and engineering professional services proposal from Gibraltar Design of Indianapolis.
• Approved seeking proposals for installation of HVAC systems.
• Approved a bid of $7,494 from Staff A/V of Newburgh for sound improvements to the Red and White gyms at the high school.
• Approved summer 2020 athletic programs, contingent on state and local guidelines regarding COVID-19.
• Thanked Southern Indiana Power for a $1,000 donation to the PATS Program for students in need.
• Heard that the administrative leadership team, technology integration committee and the Spencer County Health Department have begun planning for schools to reopen for the 2020-21 school year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...