Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsMay 15, 2020
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Saw a presentation from Heritage Hills High School Assistant Principal Jeff Cochren and Athletic Trainer Jessica Knies about the high school athletic trainer program.
• Accepted the resignation of special education teacher Candy Wilkerson at the high school.
• Approved the following appointments: athletic trainer Jessica Knies and head dance coach Kara Greenwood at the high school; elementary school teacher Jade Winchell at Nancy Hanks Elementary; elementary teacher Jessica Kincaid at David Turnham Education Center; elementary and special education teacher Kassidy Mundy at Lincoln Trail Elementary and the high school; and health clinic aide Amber Taylor for the corporation.
• Approved a bid from Perfection Heating and Air of Evansville for the HVAC projects at Nancy Hanks and Lincoln Trail for $611,468.
• Approved transferring $100,000 from the education fund to the operations fund. This is a monthly action.
• Approved the 2020-21 high school and middle school student handbooks.
• Approved an athletic trainer services agreement with Norris, Blessinger and Woebkenberg Orthopaedics and Spine of Jasper.
• Approved requesting bids for food products, paper goods and chemicals for the 2020-21 school year.
• Approved 2020-21 meal prices. Elementary breakfast will be $1.55 and elementary lunch will be $2.10. Middle school and high school breakfast will be $1.85 and lunch will be $2.35. Adult breakfasts will be $2.45 and adult lunches will be $3.35.
• Approved summer athletic programs, contingent on COVID-19 guidelines from the State of Indiana.
• Heard a report on end-of-year activities for each school.
• Heard that school facilities are to remain closed to the public until June 30 by order of Gov. Eric Holcomb.
• Thanked Michael Edwardsa and Jennifer Kunkler for a $500 donation toward the school’s food program for students in need during the school closures. The school has provided 27,000 meals to North Spencer students since March 16.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The property swap agreement between the City of Huntingburg and the Southwest Dubois County...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company donated $25,000 to Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Kyle and Jamie Jahn’s lives are full of nonstop, behind-the-scenes activity.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Vaccine #2 is in the books. I got my second Moderna shot Saturday afternoon. And I had less of a...
Angie Ruxer’s kindergartners hover around her on their Strider bikes — beginner's bikes...