Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsApril 17, 2020
The North Spencer School Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the following resignations: cafeteria assistant Tabitha Albertson and preschool instructional assistant Erica Guthrie at Lincoln Trail Elementary; and head of maintenance Tom Vonderheide at Nancy Hanks Elementary.
• Approved the following appointments: head of maintenance Phillip Tempel at Nancy Hanks; guidance counselor Bethany Sinkhorn at Heritage Hills Middle School; and assistant principal Kate Kress, math teacher Leah Konerding, assistant cheer coach Chelsea Krieg, assistant softball coaches Jade Hermann and Hanna Bettag and volunteer assistant softball coach Steve O’Brien at Heritage Hills High School; and bus driver Claire Boyd for the corporation.
• Heard an update on ongoing and upcoming maintenance projects around the corporation.
• Approved soliciting bids for HVAC projects at Lincoln Trail and Nancy Hanks.
• Heard a presentation from Gibraltar Design of Indianapolis about potential projects to begin in 2021.
• Approved transferring $100,000 from the education fund to the operations fund.
• Approved the 2020-21 Elementary School Student Handbook.
• Approved the 2020-21 student transfer policy.
• Approved the purchase and installation of an electric sign from Husk Signs of Evansville for $21,030.
• Approved purchasing a new laundry washing machine for the Nancy Hanks cafeteria from Fischer Furniture and Appliance of Tell City for $499.
• Approved the purchase of a vibraphone for the high school band from Steve Weiss Music of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, for $4,549.
• Approved the purchase of weight room equipment for the high school weight room from Glassless Mirror of Reno, Nevada, for $3,720.
• Approved a resolution to continue wage payments for school staff during emergency school closure.
• Approved entering a memorandum of understanding with Tri-Cap Healthy Families of Dale.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: Pacesetter Running Camp to use the Heritage Hills pool, gym, cafeteria and a classroom for a running camp in July; and the Dale Fall Festival Committee to use the high school for pageant practices and the contest in September.
• Heard that the corporation got a $3,120 incentive from Vectren for the pool HVAC project.
• Congratulated several high school students on their performance at the virtual science fair.
• Congratulated several athletes for awards won.
• Heard an update on COVID-19 and its effects on the school corporation.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The outdoor setting that encases the Lincoln Amphitheatre is an appropriate backdrop for the...
Kit Miracle is a contemporary impressionist painter living in Birdseye. The former Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday four new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of Evansville artist Brett Anderson for the...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday five new COVID-19 cases in...
On a Monday morning in May 2011, the Jasper community was shocked to find that a longtime...