Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsJanuary 30, 2020
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Heard a presentation on the Lincoln Trail Art Club from Lincoln Trail Elementary students Brooklyn Bradley, Emma Aldridge and Sylvia Windell.
• Accepted the following resignations: cafeteria assistant Kendra Gogel at David Turnham Education Center; custodians Daley Atchison and Tabitha Albertson at Lincoln Trail Elementary; preschool after school assistant Emily Oeding at Nancy Hanks Elementary; and dance coaches Paula Carpenter and Kaelyn Bancroft at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the following appointments: custodians Megan Evans and Laura Warran and instructional assistant Laura Phillips at Lincoln Trail; and preschool after school assistant Ashtin Borden at Nancy Hanks.
• Approved a letter of engagement contracting Bruce Cissna as the local legal counsel for the board.
• Approved conflict of interest statements for the following board members: Don Detzer, Lori Gogel, Annie Oxley and Dave Waninger.
• Approved the 2020-21 preschool and after/before school care policies and pricing.
• Approved an agreement with B.C. Engineering of Evansville for $22,200 for engineering work on the boiler and chiller replacement projects at Lincoln Trail and Nancy Hanks.
• Approved the repair of an ice machine and the purchase of a new ice machine from DeBra-Kuempel of Evansville for $10,100.
• Approved purchasing a new auditorium stage curtain and operating system from Associated Controls + Design of Indianapolis for $35,190.
• Approved the following field trips: the winter guard and percussion band to competitions at Henryville High School in Henryville, John Hardin High School in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, Floyd Central High School in Floyd Knobs, Corydon Central High School in Corydon, and Ryle High School in Union, Kentucky; high school engineering students to a balsawood bridges competition at the Evansville Museum of Arts, History and Science in Evansville; 14 high school students to career exploration at Jasper Engines and Transmissions in Jasper, Best Home Furnishings in Ferdinand and OFS Brands in Huntingburg; six high school concert band students to the Concert Band Festival at Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky; 60 high school students to a regional job fair at Ivy Tech Community College in Tell City; 65 female students to the Young Women Lead conference in Jasper; and 12 engineering students to a competition at Oakland City University in Oakland City.
• Approved two professional development requests: Keith Dossett and Eric Stuart to the Kentucky Music Educators Association conference in Louisville; and Dossett to the Concert Band Festival at Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: Mike Satterfield to use the Nancy Hanks gym for girls soccer practice on Thursdays and Saturdays until March 15; and the North Spencer Youth Softball League to use the Patriot Athletic Center for a clinic.
• Heard that Lincoln Trail hosted 27 teams Saturday for an elementary VEX Robotics tournament. Lincoln Trail students won several awards from the competition.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Kindergarten isn’t like how many of us remember it. Today’s kindergartners learn to read,...
About 500 people filled Jasper Middle School’s cafeteria Thursday evening to get a closer look...
A sound like bells filled the music classroom at Holy Trinity Catholic School’s East Campus...
I learned recently that dad hadn’t totally given up the pen. Mom showed me a green shoebox...
Despite the national Boy Scouts of America filing for bankruptcy protection, local Scout...
Mary Ellen (Stenftenagel) Kluth was raised to care. Before she first distributed the resources,...
After leading a public education forum at Vincennes University Jasper on Tuesday night, Indiana...
The Northeast Dubois County School Corporation has seen significant changes in the last few...