Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsNovember 13, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the resignations of instructional assistant Angie Hill at David Turnham Education Center and assistant cheer coach Elizabeth Kunz at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the following appointments: instructional assistant Rhonda Treat at David Turnham; part-time custodians Daley Atchison and Morgan Bolin at Lincoln Trail Elementary; and instructional assistant Mike Galyan, part-time custodians Diana Alexander and William Delashmutt, and volunteer assistant baseball coach Adam Estabrook at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved transferring $100,000 from the education fund into the operations fund. The transfer is a monthly action.
• Appointed Lisa Waninger to the Lincoln Heritage Public Library Board for a term running Nov. 30, 2019, to Nov. 30, 2023.
• Approved the following field trip requests: Heritage Hills Middle School eighth-graders to the Tour of Opportunity featuring Waupaca, Mulzer Crushed Stone, Best Home Furnishings and Spencer County Bank; high school choir students to Spencer County Night with the Evansville Thunderbolts; David Turnham third-graders on a walking trip to Schum Monuments in Dale; Nancy Hanks Elementary sixth-graders to the Kentucky Science Center in Louisville, Kentucky; and David Turnham sixth-graders to Gheens Science Hall & Rauch Planetarium in Louisville, Kentucky.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Brian Pund to ILEARN Alignment training with the Indiana Department of Education in Indianapolis; Ben Lawalin and Tracy Porter to the National Blue Ribbon Award ceremony in Washington, D.C.; and Dan Scherry to the Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents annual meeting in Indianapolis.
• Thanked Southern Indiana Power for volunteering time to improve playgrounds at Nancy Hanks Elementary.
• Congratulated the high school Future Farmers of America mechanics team for placing 13th in the nation.
• Congratulated the high school Beta Club for their performance at the State Beta Convention.
• Thanked attorney Art Nordhoff for his 29 years of service to the school corporation as it was the final meeting he will attend.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.