Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsOctober 30, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the following resignations: custodian Kensey Myers at Lincoln Trail Elementary; and custodian Ken Chumley at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the appointment of Melissa Morlock as office manager and deputy treasurer in the central office.
• Approved posting a job opening for an athletic secretary position at Heritage Hills Middle School and the high school.
• Approved additional compensation for elementary school secretaries to cover preschool administrative duties.
• Approved amendments to the superintendent contract with Dan Scherry.
• Approved the construction of a stone-masoned North Spencer School Corporation sign by Ron Zoglman for $9,905.
• Approved the following field trips: Chrisney Elementary second-graders to Squire Boone Caverns in Mauckport; David Turnham Education Center second-graders on a walking trip to the Dale Cemetery and the K-Kids Club to Willowdale Nursing Home in Dale; Nancy Hanks Elementary second-graders to the Louisville Zoo; Lincoln Trail Elementary to the Evansville Children’s Museum and the fifth-graders to the Kentucky Science Center in Louisville; and the high school college and careers class to the University of Southern Indiana and Ivy Tech Community College in Evansville.
• Approved Amy Priest and Amber Wetzel to attend the Indiana School Social Work Association’s annual fall conference in Noblesville.
• Approved the Patriot Wrestling Club to use the high school wrestling room for practices and competitions from October 2019 through April 2020.
• Heard that the seventh grade camp at Lincoln State Park went well and that the eighth grade trip to Washington, D.C. is coming up this weekend.
• Heard that the corporation is finishing up curriculum mapping for kindergarten through sixth grade.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter recently announced the promotion of...
Some were in the military. Others used to drive excavators. One even helped run his family...
At the Dubois County Humane Society, the work is more than walking dogs and playing with cats....
Virlee Gunselman smiled as she walked out the doors of Scenic Hills Care Center for the last...
They used their teacher voices and gave legislators a lesson on the issues facing public education.
It’s official. On July 1, the individual schools that make up the Northeast Dubois County...
Be honest. If someone asked you to spell “delicatessen” or “spontaneity” or...
The Southridge Middle School Spell Bowl team earned State Champion status Saturday at the...