Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsSeptember 12, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the following resignations: part-time music teacher Anissa Bradley at Lincoln Trail and Nancy Hanks elementary schools; custodian Mariah DeWitt at Chrisney Elementary; instructional assistant Sarah Farrar-Haas at Heritage Hills Middle School; and math academic team coach Sheila Wahl and custodian Melissa Petry at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the following appointments: part-time music teacher Eric Stewart at Lincoln Trail and Nancy Hanks; after school assistant Lauren Sanders at Chrisney Elementary; temporary teacher Breigh Haase at Nancy Hanks; math academic team coach Corey Mauch and custodian Dezeray Mills at the high school.
• Approved an underwriter/placement agent engagement agreement with Jim Elizondo of STIFEL Public Finance of Fort Wayne. The agreement is required by state law and allows the school corporation to seek consulting from a financial adviser on financial opportunities that will be available in the 2022-23 school year through the school’s debt service fund.
• Approved the following field trips: high school choir students to the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra performance at the Lincoln Amphitheatre in Lincoln City; the high school marching band to several competitions; the middle school Natural Helpers and Peer Helping Program to training at Redemption Christian Church in Jasper; middle school life skills students to community-based learning at Ruler Foods in Jasper, Pumpkins and More in Santa Claus, Fusion Gym in Tell City and Santa’s Candy Castle in Santa Claus; 12 Chrisney Elementary students to the University of Southern Indiana dental clinic in Evansville; David Turnham Education Center fifth- and fourth-graders to Angel Mounds Native American Days in Newburgh; David Turnham second-graders to Lincoln State Park and the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in Lincoln City; high school engineering students to a competition at Vincennes University Jasper Campus; David Turnham first-graders to Huber’s Orchard in Starlight; and Chrisney Elementary fourth-graders to Education Day with the Evansville Thunderbolts at the Ford Center in Evansville.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the North Spencer sixth grade basketball team to use the Nancy Hanks gym for practices in September; the high school Future Farmers of America students to use the high school auditorium, cafeteria and commons for the District 10 kickoff meeting; and Triple Threat Softball to use the high school athletic training facility.
• Heard that the FFA crop scouting team placed fifth in the Midwest in a competition.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Homestead BBQ opened in Ferdinand earlier this month.
As a radio man and regular Jasper High School Athletic Department emcee, it’s rare for Bob...
Before the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps began what could have been their final performance of...
Kira Jones was named Miss Flame during the Indiana Volunteer Firefighter Association’s...
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...