Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsSeptember 12, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the following resignations: part-time music teacher Anissa Bradley at Lincoln Trail and Nancy Hanks elementary schools; custodian Mariah DeWitt at Chrisney Elementary; instructional assistant Sarah Farrar-Haas at Heritage Hills Middle School; and math academic team coach Sheila Wahl and custodian Melissa Petry at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the following appointments: part-time music teacher Eric Stewart at Lincoln Trail and Nancy Hanks; after school assistant Lauren Sanders at Chrisney Elementary; temporary teacher Breigh Haase at Nancy Hanks; math academic team coach Corey Mauch and custodian Dezeray Mills at the high school.
• Approved an underwriter/placement agent engagement agreement with Jim Elizondo of STIFEL Public Finance of Fort Wayne. The agreement is required by state law and allows the school corporation to seek consulting from a financial adviser on financial opportunities that will be available in the 2022-23 school year through the school’s debt service fund.
• Approved the following field trips: high school choir students to the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra performance at the Lincoln Amphitheatre in Lincoln City; the high school marching band to several competitions; the middle school Natural Helpers and Peer Helping Program to training at Redemption Christian Church in Jasper; middle school life skills students to community-based learning at Ruler Foods in Jasper, Pumpkins and More in Santa Claus, Fusion Gym in Tell City and Santa’s Candy Castle in Santa Claus; 12 Chrisney Elementary students to the University of Southern Indiana dental clinic in Evansville; David Turnham Education Center fifth- and fourth-graders to Angel Mounds Native American Days in Newburgh; David Turnham second-graders to Lincoln State Park and the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in Lincoln City; high school engineering students to a competition at Vincennes University Jasper Campus; David Turnham first-graders to Huber’s Orchard in Starlight; and Chrisney Elementary fourth-graders to Education Day with the Evansville Thunderbolts at the Ford Center in Evansville.
• Approved the following facilities use requests: the North Spencer sixth grade basketball team to use the Nancy Hanks gym for practices in September; the high school Future Farmers of America students to use the high school auditorium, cafeteria and commons for the District 10 kickoff meeting; and Triple Threat Softball to use the high school athletic training facility.
• Heard that the FFA crop scouting team placed fifth in the Midwest in a competition.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Celestine Elementary’s Last Year
The Dubois County Health Department confirms two more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Of the 169 Dubois County residents who have tested positive for COVID-19, a total of six have...
Three candidates are seeking the Democratic nomination for District 8 U.S. Representative.
Southridge High School graduated 116 in the Class of 2020 last week when e-learning came to an...
Gov. Eric J. Holcomb announced that because health indicators remain positive, most of the state...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...