Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsJune 27, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the resignations of head boys tennis coach Brian Oxley at Heritage Hills High School and head football coach Todd Grundhoefer at Heritage Hills Middle School.
• Approved the following appointments: business teacher Jessica Griepenstroh, nurse Leah Matthews, head cheer coach Katie Forston, assistant cheer coach Elizabeth Kunz, volunteer assistant girls soccer coach Morgan Schaefer and instructional assistant Jody Schaad at the high school; head football coach Matt Goffinet and assistant football coach Ethan Griepenstroh at the middle school; fourth grade teacher Haley Langebrake, instructional assistant Carrie Scott, preschool assistant Emily Paulin and instructional assistant Susan Bosley at Lincoln Trail Elementary; special needs preschool teacher Ann Lochner and Lei Sigler as lead preschool teacher at Nancy Hanks Elementary; and teacher Kara Greenwood to cover a maternity leave at David Turnham Education Center.
• Appointed Martha Barnett corporation treasurer and Karen Hildenbrand corporation deputy treasurer. This is an annual action.
• Approved bonds for all treasurer positions throughout the corporation. The bonds insure the school against financial crime and are required by law.
• Approved the elementary, middle and high school student handbooks.
• Approved applying for state and federal grants for the 2019-20 school year.
• Approved the corporation’s 2019-20 transfer policy.
• Approved book rental fees for the elementary, middle and high schools.
• Approved purchasing a sound mixer board for the high school auditorium from Staff AV LLC of Newburgh for $3,742.
• Approved J.H. Rudolph & Co. of Evansville to complete patch, seal-coat and stripe work on the north career and technical education parking lot and the east, north and south parking lots at the high school for a combined total of $107,380.
• Approved a joint services agreement with the Exceptional Children’s Co-op. The co-op provides services to special needs students in Dubois, Spencer, Perry and Pike counties.
• Approved the Spencer County Fire Chiefs Association to use the upper level of the Red Gym and west parking lot at the high school for driving and skills training in July.
• Heard a report on summer professional development activities by administrators and teachers.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...
Jasper High School graduated 255 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to an end...
The wedding of my daughter Delaney and future son-in-law Max has become one of what Knot.com...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...