Meeting: North Spencer SchoolsJune 12, 2019
The North Spencer School Board met Monday and:
• Approved the following resignations: instructional assistant Bethany Norrick, custodian Audrey Sodrel, third-grade teacher Lisa Schroeder and fourth-grade teacher Lori Persohn at Lincoln Trail Elementary; preschool special education teacher Krista Thomas at Nancy Hanks Elementary; and school nurse Cathy Hawkins, teacher, assistant baseball coach and assistant girls soccer coach Austin Fischer and head girls track coach Dawn Mix at Heritage Hills High School.
• Approved the following hires: instructional assistant Jenna Fulkerson at David Turnham Education Center; cafeteria assistant Dave Waninger, custodian Kensey Myers, third-grade teacher Kristin Wendell and instructional assistants Breigh Haase and Jessica Kincaid at Lincoln Trail; girls track coach Breigh Haase at Heritage Hills Middle School; and head girls track coach Josh Wilson and volunteer assistant wrestling coach Davis Jochim at the high school.
• Heard an update on construction projects around the corporation.
• Approved transferring $100,000 from the education fund to the operations fund. The transfer is a monthly action.
• Approved the 2020 budget calendar. The board will hold a budget workshop on Monday, Aug. 12, a hearing on Monday, Aug. 26, and adoption on Monday, Sept. 23. All actions are during regularly scheduled board meetings, set for 6 p.m. CT at the corporation office, 3720 E. State Road 162, Lincoln City.
• Approved bids for food products, paper goods, chemicals and small wares for the 2019-20 school year based on bid documents.
• Approved purchasing two booster heaters from B&B Food Distributors of Odon for $5,039.10.
• Held the first reading of the elementary school handbook, the middle school handbook and the high school handbook.
• Approved purchasing various pieces of equipment for career and technical education programs for a total of $30,666.96.
• Approved leasing a copier/printer from Hoosier Business Machines of Jasper for $1,267.05 per month.
• Approved canceling the Monday, July 8, board meeting.
• Heard that the corporation’s contract with Superintendent Dan Scherry will renew automatically on June 30 unless the board takes action otherwise.
• Approved the following professional leaves: Heather Adkins, Dana Campbell, Marissa Eye, Kelsey Henrickson, Lori Hermann, Jen Jazyk, Ben Kilbarger, Traci Porter and Heather Souders to the Smekens Education Literacy Retreat in French Lick; Becky Gasaway to attend Josten’s Advisors University for Student Publications in Orlando, Florida; and Dawn Mix and Miranda Mundy to Techmas in July technology conference in Madison.
• Heard that the administrators met for a leadership team retreat and that school staff will participate in a book study of “Emotional Poverty in All Demographics: How to Reduce Anger, Anxiety, and Violence in the Classroom” by Ruby Payne.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...
The wedding of my daughter Delaney and future son-in-law Max has become one of what Knot.com...
Jasper High School graduated 255 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to an end...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...