Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardNovember 17, 2020
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened quotes for 2021 chemicals from eight different companies. The board agreed to go over the specifications and grade of the chemicals and then approve the low bid. Water and Gas Manager Tim Doersam said he would bring a summary to next month’s meeting.
• Heard that the 2021 capital expenditure plan drafts and committee meeting for the gas and water departments will be at 9 a.m. Dec. 2 via Zoom. The meeting for the electric and wastewater departments will be at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 2 via Zoom.
• Rejected bids opened in October for a new loader backhoe for the water department and instead authorized expenditure for a two-year warranty for the current backhoe, which will be $4,178 for two years. Doersam said the warranty will save more money because trade-in values are dropping.
• Approved an agreement for an annual cathodic protection inspection on a tank for the water department. The inspection will be $840.
• Approved a change order of $2,500 for the water main replacement project with Love Excavating on Northwood Avenue.
• Heard that the drain to Beaver Lake opened Monday.
• Heard the preliminary engineering report for an Economic Development Administration grant that has been submitted. General Utilities Manager Bud Hauersperger said it may be several months before the board will know if the city received the grant.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 20 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
As Kyle Gudorf and Lance Reynolds searched for their next great catch, the bowfishermen learned...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...