Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardJune 16, 2020
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened three quotes for a wastewater department manhole rehabilitation project. The cost will not exceed $30,000, and the low bid was approved, pending a spec review.
• Approved an annual generator service agreement at a cost of $3,656.50.
• Approved replacing inlet actuator valves at a cost of $40,648. The valves come from Harold Beck and Sons Inc.
• Approved requesting bids for a project that would see the replacement of a roughly 1,600-foot, six-inch water main, with a 12-inch line. The estimated cost is $190,000. The line is located on Northwood Avenue between U.S. 231 and Westwood Boulevard.
• Approved sending a tapping machine away for refurbishment and an air operator replacement at a total cost of $16,900.
• Approved an encroachment agreement from the Jasper River Centre for the establishment of a “bark park” area. A patio area and proposed dog park will be located behind the new building, over a section of sanitary sewer and trail access easements.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Sonya Haas is seeking re-election to the Dubois County Council.
Use your voice. That was the message pushed Saturday at a rally organized by a group whose...
Just after nightfall on Saturday, Tina Heichelbech of Jasper looked at the bags that were in...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 11 new positive cases of COVID-19.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 29 new positive cases of COVID-19.