Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardJune 16, 2020
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened three quotes for a wastewater department manhole rehabilitation project. The cost will not exceed $30,000, and the low bid was approved, pending a spec review.
• Approved an annual generator service agreement at a cost of $3,656.50.
• Approved replacing inlet actuator valves at a cost of $40,648. The valves come from Harold Beck and Sons Inc.
• Approved requesting bids for a project that would see the replacement of a roughly 1,600-foot, six-inch water main, with a 12-inch line. The estimated cost is $190,000. The line is located on Northwood Avenue between U.S. 231 and Westwood Boulevard.
• Approved sending a tapping machine away for refurbishment and an air operator replacement at a total cost of $16,900.
• Approved an encroachment agreement from the Jasper River Centre for the establishment of a “bark park” area. A patio area and proposed dog park will be located behind the new building, over a section of sanitary sewer and trail access easements.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...
A new officer has been added to the Huntingburg Police Department.