Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardJune 16, 2020
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened three quotes for a wastewater department manhole rehabilitation project. The cost will not exceed $30,000, and the low bid was approved, pending a spec review.
• Approved an annual generator service agreement at a cost of $3,656.50.
• Approved replacing inlet actuator valves at a cost of $40,648. The valves come from Harold Beck and Sons Inc.
• Approved requesting bids for a project that would see the replacement of a roughly 1,600-foot, six-inch water main, with a 12-inch line. The estimated cost is $190,000. The line is located on Northwood Avenue between U.S. 231 and Westwood Boulevard.
• Approved sending a tapping machine away for refurbishment and an air operator replacement at a total cost of $16,900.
• Approved an encroachment agreement from the Jasper River Centre for the establishment of a “bark park” area. A patio area and proposed dog park will be located behind the new building, over a section of sanitary sewer and trail access easements.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As a boy, Bob McCarty saw the world through a varied lens. He used the camera lens to display...
Cassie (Gehlhausen) Williams will be Cedar Crest Intermediate School’s principal next school year.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on Friday.
Don Lichlyter was known for the dozens of benefits and fundraisers he organized for people...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported one new COVID-19 case in Dubois County on Thursday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
The Indiana State Department of Health didn't report any new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
In the two months after the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center opened, the Jasper Community Arts side...