Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardSeptember 17, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened quotes for a wastewater department service truck with a crane. Quotes were received from Uebelhor & Sons, Sternberg Chrysler, and Bob Luegers Motors; all of Jasper. Pending spec review, the low bid of $61,169 — which includes a trade-in — was accepted from Sternberg.
• Approved a list of surplus transformers that will be bid out. Also approved the declaration of 55 meter covers as surplus.
• Heard that the final grade of the power plant was completed last week. The ground has been seeded. General Utilities Manager Bud Hauersperger explained that the contractor will finalize site work when the grass is established.
Heard that Cody Murray has replaced Glen Heeke, who retired in August, as the new water plant maintenance mechanic.
• Approved promoting Todd Allen from lift station technician to assistant lift station crew leader. Allen has 23 years of experience with the city.
• Approved an IT assessment with Keller Schroeder at a cost of $9,575. That cost will be split between the civil city and the utilities. The study will examine the city’s systems and “get a better handle” on the city’s IT staffing needs, Hauersperger said. It will also include systems, network and security assessments.
• Heard that contract discussions are still ongoing with Ireland Water.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...