Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardAugust 20, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Extended the deadline for bids for a south tank rehabilitation and repainting project. The bids will be opened at 8 a.m. at a special meeting on Thursday, Aug. 29, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Opened quotes for aluminum grading for the wastewater plant from KG Supply Incorporated and Stac Material Handling, both of Jasper. KG supplied the low bid at $14.81 per square foot. The bid was approved, pending a spec inspection. The project cost will not exceed $14,400.
• Heard that the punch list for the U.S. 231 waterline project has been completed. The board approved a final change order with Ragle Inc. that deducted $26,424.19 from the total project cost. Overall, the project — which had an original price tag of $4,629,745 — wrapped up at about $19,000 over budget.
• Heard that hydrant flushing will begin on Monday, Sept. 9. Tim Doersam, gas and water manager, said it will take approximately six or seven weeks to complete.
• Renewed a $4,200 agreement with Municipal H20 to assist with the compliance of Environmental Protection Agency risk management programs.
• Heard that water plant employee Glen Heeke will retire this month after 32 years.
• Approved an annual list of asset disposal authorizations. Items on the list either need to be scrapped or auctioned, or have already been disposed of.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Teens at local high schools donned orange this week to bring awareness to an issue that on...
The planners behind a Dubois County summer festival have a new person at the helm.
Immigration lawyer Christine Popp travels from Bloomington to Dubois County to help immigrants...
Amy Morris picked up five quesadillas for herself and her Rural King coworkers. Santiago Nunez...
A member of the Indiana State Police at the Jasper Post is being recognized for reaching a...
The route options for the proposed Mid-States Corridor will be discussed at public meetings next...
The banging of hammers echoed down the hall at the Center for Technology, Innovation and...
For struggling teen parents, managing school and raising a child is hard. To help, Jasper High...