Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardAugust 20, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Extended the deadline for bids for a south tank rehabilitation and repainting project. The bids will be opened at 8 a.m. at a special meeting on Thursday, Aug. 29, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Opened quotes for aluminum grading for the wastewater plant from KG Supply Incorporated and Stac Material Handling, both of Jasper. KG supplied the low bid at $14.81 per square foot. The bid was approved, pending a spec inspection. The project cost will not exceed $14,400.
• Heard that the punch list for the U.S. 231 waterline project has been completed. The board approved a final change order with Ragle Inc. that deducted $26,424.19 from the total project cost. Overall, the project — which had an original price tag of $4,629,745 — wrapped up at about $19,000 over budget.
• Heard that hydrant flushing will begin on Monday, Sept. 9. Tim Doersam, gas and water manager, said it will take approximately six or seven weeks to complete.
• Renewed a $4,200 agreement with Municipal H20 to assist with the compliance of Environmental Protection Agency risk management programs.
• Heard that water plant employee Glen Heeke will retire this month after 32 years.
• Approved an annual list of asset disposal authorizations. Items on the list either need to be scrapped or auctioned, or have already been disposed of.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...