Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardMay 21, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened bids for a new service truck for the wastewater department. The low bid of $34,000 was from Ruxer Ford of Jasper for a 2019 Ford F150 XL 4X4 Supercab. Ruxer offered $9,000 for the trade-in of a 2008 Chevrolet truck, bringing the total to $25,000. The board approved Wastewater Manager Ed Hollinden to review the specs and take the low quote under advisement.
• Approved sending two electric distribution technicians to Tennessee in October for a survalent global user conference for a cost not to exceed $4,500.
• Heard an update on the deconstruction of the 15th Street power plant. General Utilities Manager Bud Hauersperger said the last salvageable piece of equipment was removed Monday and he expects the rest of the building to come down within the next week or so.
• Heard an update on the U.S. 231 water supply and pressure improvement project, which is nearing its end. Project Manager Nick Jahn said all the pipe is in the ground and the next work will include making the service connections. Final punch-list items will be completed in June. Jahn said the project could be done a month and a half ahead of schedule.
• Approved a change order of $18,321 for the U.S. 231 water supply and pressure improvement project.
• Approved a request for a non-resident water connection for Justin Love with Gaesser Properties at 1472 W 100S.
• Approved Hollinden to proceed with the installation of an air conditioning unit for the city’s Headworks building from low bidder Hulsman Refrigeration for $5,725.
• Heard that the city’s gas cost of service study is ongoing and might take the consultant several more months to finish.
• Heard that the city’s sewer rate study is finished and a Wastewater Committee hearing will be set to review it.
• Approved a new telephone service agreement with Smithville for new phone lines for the city. The cost will be split 50/50 between the city and utilities.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...
The end of summer is already in sight but organizers of this weekend’s 29th annual St. Anthony...
Dunkin' has plans to open a store in the former Orange Leaf building in Jasper, according to a...
Longtime Main Street barber Leo Wahl has officially passed the reins of his storied barbershop...
The first ever Locking Arms for Suicide Awareness benefit is at 6 p.m. Saturday at Venue 1408,...