Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardMarch 19, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Opened bids for a new backhoe loader and took them under advisement. Quotes after trade-in included a $23,356 bid from ERB Equipment Company of Evansville, a $39,800 bid from Whayne Supply of Evansville, a $31,600 bid from Diamond Equipment of Evansville and a $28,537.36 bid from Black Equipment Co. of Evansville.
• Opened bids for a dump truck and took them under advisement. Net quote amounts included $62,723 from Sternberg Chrysler Center in Jasper and two numbers from Ruxer Ford — a gasoline model for $59,980 and a diesel model for $70,732.
• Opened bids for the Patoka River force main project. Kieffer Brothers Construction of Mount Carmel, Illinois, bid $213,535 for 12-inch pipe and $185,665 for 8-inch piping. Infrastructure Systems of Orleans submitted a bid for $503,000 for 12-inch pipe and $481,000 for 8-inch piping. The bids were taken under advisement by Wastewater Manager Ed Hollinden.
• Heard work on the power plant salvaging is moving slowly. The disassembly is now expected to be completed in mid-April.
• Heard an update on the U.S. 231 waterline project.
• Approved Midwest Engineers to go through the project bidding and oversee work related to a south water tank rehabilitation project at a total cost of $30,800.
• Heard that a wastewater rate study began last month and more information will be collected next month. More information about the study will be discussed at the board’s May meeting. A gas cost-of-service study is also ongoing and will be further discussed in the coming months.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...